Beautiful Blues week of 1/11/10

Options

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    So weight isn't everything. I measured myself last week and did it again this week and I have lost 1.75 inchs. I'm so proud of myself. I however am VERY proud of my hubby who has lost 6 inchs in a week. We love doing this together.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    taradise - you rock! Was that an hour class-I like our step class and they just changed it to Fridays - hopefully I'll get there this week!

Yes that was a 60 mins class. I work my tail off in spin classes and only burn about 330 cals... so 456 was a lot for me.
  • Taradise
    Options
    So weight isn't everything. I measured myself last week and did it again this week and I have lost 1.75 inchs. I'm so proud of myself. I however am VERY proud of my hubby who has lost 6 inchs in a week. We love doing this together.

Wow! Great job. Your are certainly right, the scale doesn't always tell the truth about your health. Thanks for reminding me of that. I'll get my tape measure out to take some measurements tomorrow AM.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Jg- Great job on the decrease in measurement. This is always a motivation

Taradise- Have fun in your trip. How romantic!!!!!

debnu- That's a great challenge to be a part of a local BL. The more support the better!!! Have fun!

Woke up this morning and headed to the gym for my daily workout and did a 30 minute run in treadmill, 30 minute in elliptical, 20 min. strength training, and 15 min. of ab ripper x from p90x.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Taradise
    Options
    almomay - great job with the early extra long workout!! High Five!

Headed to the gym after work for a spin class. Go Blues!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    J_g --you are looking good. I am always surprised by pictures, were you? DId you think that there was that much of a difference?

Taradise, good luck in rome, have a lot of fun! I am sure it will be amazing!

I have been doing upper body work three times a week and noticed yesterday that I can see definition forming in my arms, not much but it is definitely there. I am feeling a bit more motivation to work extra hard with weights and eating. Yesterday I was extremely hungry for some reason and fell off the wagon for an afternoon. I am back working hard again though. Today I am going to stay on track!!

Get fit everyone!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    J_g --you are looking good. I am always surprised by pictures, were you? DId you think that there was that much of a difference?

I asked my husband why he let me get that big and he said he didn't see it either. I really didn't think that I was fat. I look back and holy crap I can't believe I let myself get that big. But I'm on a different road now. A heather road a journay that will never end. My new goal is to lose the rest of my weight by July that will be two year that I have working on this. journay and I'm ready to be in maintaince mode now. So thus far I'm going to be working my butt of to get to my goal.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    The candy jar on the sales counter is calling my name. I have had a crappy day and am starting not to feel good again plus I got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign on my way to work.:grumble: I think I ma going to go home and hide in bed until this day is over
  • Taradise
    Options
    smadag1 - what a yucky day!! Stay strong girlie. Don't make it any worse on yourself by eating all that candy. You'll feel even worse!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Chew some gum, drink some water. You will feel much better soon! I am sorry about the ticket, that is always sooo frustrating!! Go home and pamper yourself tonight, eat healthy but take a bath, watch a good movie that sort of thing. You will feel better then!!:flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Ok I have to vent a little bit. I went to see one of my three doctors on Tuesday and my anxiety has gotten worse so she upped one of my meds grrrr I so didn't want that to happen. Thought I was getting to the top of the hill and now I am falling back down. It makes me so upset. I feel like I was so close to going back to work and nope its not going to happen. then i went to my 2nd doctor today the one you talk to blah blah blah and I asked her about working and she said NO faster than I could ask the damn question. I know I have a lot going on just handling the household stuff but frankly I feel lazy. I know my job at this point in my life is managing my kids, the house and my anxiety and stress. I have been the person in the past that use to work my butt off never thought i would be the stay at home mom. here I am and don't get me wrong I love everything about it but sometimes its more stressful I think than working. I hate being this way. there are so many other people out there that have it so worse so what do i have to complain about. I don't know I just had to write this all down. Thanks for letting me vent.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

debnu- Jillian did have some great quotes on last week's episode. While she was in the pool with the lady that is afraid of the water I think she was telling her that "...this is the only body that you will have for the rest of your life..." so treat it right. Quotes are really inspiring. I'm going to look up some quotes to put in my signature to keep me going. I keep some bible scriptures in my cmoputer desk so that I can look at them in difficult times.

j_g4ever- It's okay to vent, we've all felt that way. I'm currently a stay at home mom for about 1 year now. I'm looking for work now with full force, but I've learned so much while being home. Oprah's even said it, that being a stay at home mom is the hardest job in the world, and I do believe that. Plus, being able to be out of the rat race and spend quality time with your children is a blessing. I bet a lot of working mom's would be jealous. What has worked for me to keep me from feeling down or bored is to find things to do to keep me busy during this time. I think that way I don't think about the fact that I'm job hunting. So during this time I've taken advantage and done all of the things that I've always wanted to do and maybe when I was working I could not do because of time. Some of the things I've done is Read the Entire Bible in a full year( I'm almost done with this one- I have 2 more weeks and will be done). I started an online masters program and I started my weight loss journey. I don't have any other free time to do anything else. But this helped me a lot and my self-confidence is up the roof. Hope this helps.

So, I'm so glad it's friday and I headed to the gym this morning for my workout. I managed to run in treadmill for 30 minutes, 15 minutes of elliptical, 15 minutes of ab ripper from p90x.
    I know my TOM is coming soon, because I was so thirsty yesterday and drank like 16 cups of water. wow!!!! I was also extra hungry and I did listen to my body and eat some more. Besides I had some exercise calories left over.
    Another thing I noticed is that I don't usually sweat alot, but while I was cooking, I was sweating bullets.

Here's to us guys!!! to a great weekend!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I did NOT have a peice of candy last night I fought off the urge. I did go over on my cals a little last night but did over 60 minutes (with breaks) of my ab circle pro. We are going to the movies tonight and I think going to Firhoue Subs afterwards so I know I will be over today but plan on making it up tomorrow after a trip to the vet. I will just have to make sure to get my full 64oz in tomorrow, I alway have a hard time on weekends but I will make an extra effort to get it in this weekend
  • debnu1
    Options
    j_g, I quit my job 6 weeks ago to be able to stay home with my family. It took me a whole year to even be able to think about it with out crying:brokenheart: . My husband had wanted me to quit a year and a half ago. I had to do quite a bit of soul searching and praying to be able to come to the decision that I needed to be home. I have to admit that it is overwhelming at times but the truth is I am very blessed and lucky to be able to do so. I was reading on another board the other day about difficulties with day care providers and I realized how greatful I was that I had never had to find or use a daycare ( I had always worked nights) When I was first married I felt lazy too. I couldn't keep up with the house, I spent a lot of time on the computer (that hasn't changed much :laugh: ) I would look around me at the mess and think I am so lazy. I was working at the time but didn't have any kids. One of the things that changed my outlook was joining the flylady.net website. She tells you that you are never behind. You just jump in where you are. Also the big thing is that you can do anything for 15 minutes. The timer and routines are your friends. So I started setting routines up for myself. They actually work. When I do my night routine of setting out my clothes for the next day, loading the dishwasher and brushing my teeth--and the morning routine of start a load of laundry, exercise, empty the dishwasher, make the bed and get dressed, putting on shoes. I feel as though my day is so much more productive than it otherwise would have been. Take the timer and just spend 15 minutes cleaning in one room, it is not a race, just start and then give yourself permission to stop when the timer rings. Step back and see what you have accomplished. It is amazing what I am able to do in that amount of time. I realized when I was in that slump of feeling lazy and hating what I was doing--gaining weight, not exercising--that I needed to count my blessings, I needed to remember who I was and that I had so much to give. My heart goes out to you. Take care of yourself and take everything else one step at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I didn't read thru all the posts....that said....

Those of you with struggles...try to take a deep breath...look at what's good, what you are proud of, what you've accomplished so far in your weight loss...realizing how far you've come should help you realize that your goals are attainable....maybe you need to set some smaller goals for yourself.

Blues - we can all do this when and if we want to!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I have a plan for this weekend to clean up our weight room so I can put my elliptical in there and have room to do a dvd when the guys are watching tv or hubby is sleeping. I will have to use my laptop for the dvd's plus so I can watch something while on the elliptical. Atleast this way I will have somewere specific I can go and not bother anybody.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I have a plan for this weekend to clean up our weight room so I can put my elliptical in there and have room to do a dvd when the guys are watching tv or hubby is sleeping. I will have to use my laptop for the dvd's plus so I can watch something while on the elliptical. Atleast this way I will have somewere specific I can go and not bother anybody.

Great plan!! I really needed my space for exercise, hence the "fence" around my treadmill. I can exercise when the kids are asleep or awake!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your love and support. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • j_g4ever
    Options

So, I'm so glad it's friday and I headed to the gym this morning for my workout. I managed to run in treadmill for 30 minutes, 15 minutes of elliptical, 15 minutes of ab ripper from p90x.
    I know my TOM is coming soon, because I was so thirsty yesterday and drank like 16 cups of water. wow!!!! I was also extra hungry and I did listen to my body and eat some more. Besides I had some exercise calories left over.
    Another thing I noticed is that I don't usually sweat alot, but while I was cooking, I was sweating bullets.

Here's to us guys!!! to a great weekend!

How do you like the ab ripper from the p90x?? Been thinking about using it.
  • MayLan
    Options
    j_g4ever- Ab ripper is really great. In the beginning it was tough, but my body is now used to it. In a few months, I might have to switch to another ab dvd, because the body gets really used to one type of dvd after a while and might not burn as much calories as it burned in the beginning.