Two Truths...and a Lie

Options

Replies

• whitewhisper
    Options
    I guess the obvious question is how tall are you?

5'10" but my reasons for hating women in high heels have nothing to do with how they look. It's a sensory thing. I have hypersensitivity disorder as someone with ASD which means sounds affect me differently. The sound of women walking in high heels hurts my head because the properties of the sound wave created as they step in them are painful to me as they enter my ears and reverberate around. It's one of the main reasons I don't go out in public much except to places where I can expect women to either be barefoot or wearing sneakers.

Wow. Pretty intense. I would think it would be hard to find many places where there are no women in high heels.

My dad had an even harder time dealing with it growing up because his voice possesses similar sound properties that come on a specific tone/pitch that is painful to listen to. When I was a kid he thought I was simply being defiant or disrespectful when I tried to get away from the sound of his voice or drown it out because he was the type of dad he could not accept that I may have had a legitimate reason for behaving the way I did. As an adult now though I can understand how it might be hard as a parent to deal with the possibility that the sound of your voice is painful for your child to hear. Other sounds that cause pain to me are the sound of snare drums, steel drums/kettle drums, that more "nasally" voice tone that male country singers usually have, and people snapping their fingers. Also Harley-Davidsons with loud pipes.

Whoa, that is intense. i can't even imagine how you can stay away from all those sounds in everyday life! :O
  • whitewhisper
    Options
    last one for me is.....

1. Despite living on a humongous 'island' surrounded by ocean, I hate the beach.
    2. I don't like cats.
    3. My first language was not English.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    1. My favourite colour is purple
    2. I have several vulgar tattoos and peircings
    3. I can't ride a bike
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    last one for me is.....

1. Despite living on a humongous 'island' surrounded by ocean, I hate the beach.
    2. I don't like cats.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    1. I once was pulled over by a cop and should have gotten over $5000 in fines, but walked away clean

2. I am a total hippie girl, do not wear make up, hair dye, or even shave

3. I have never been to a concert

That is a Tough one! ... I'm gonna saaaay... Bob, give me a 3~

YES, 3 is the lie!!!

W00t! You and my sister in-law should meet up! She's a river guide and is a total hippie! And now... 5000?? Please explain my dear.

I just want to say, that I NEVER play games on message boards, but this one is really fun, lol

Long story short,

I was driving my mother's car, she had been dead for two years, and it was still in her name....I had no insurance (which is a $5000 fine in Canada), expired plates, and a val tag that was taken off a friend's car....lol, I was a hot mess and drove it like that for years, and was pulled over twice in that time actually, and drove off in the car, both times, without even a fine.....in all truth, they should have inpounded the car.....I talk very well under pressure.....
  • whitewhisper
    Options
    3. I can't ride a bike

2?
  • Candyapplebabe
    Candyapplebabe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    last one for me is.....

2. I don't like cats.

I'm gonna say 2 cuz in your profile you don't look very tanned for likin the beach
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    last one for me is.....

2. I don't like cats.

i say 2 is the lie
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    last one for me is.....

2. I don't like cats.

I say 3
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    last one for me is.....

2. I don't like cats.

2 is the lie. 1 I can see being true because I am that way myself. Grew up in South Florida my whole life but hated the beach.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    3. I can't ride a bike

I hope its 2?
  • Candyapplebabe
    Options
    3. I can't ride a bike

3!
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    3. I can't ride a bike

2 is the lie I'm guessing.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    3. I can't ride a bike

1!
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    last one for me is.....

2. I don't like cats.

I'm gonna say 2 cuz in your profile you don't look very tanned for likin the beach

Hence why 1 is more than likely true =) Someone who hates the beach would avoid it and not get the tan
  • whitewhisper
    Options
    last one for me is.....

2. I don't like cats.

Nope, unfortunately this one's true. Cats hate me and always attack me, my friend's cat made me bleed on several occasions and my boyfriend's cat tries to trip me over every time I go to his house. Also my dad hates cats so it may have been inherited somehow? Haha
    On the other hand I've never met a dog I didn't bond with and I am definitely a dog person.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    1. I have a husband who ranks in the top 1% of the smartest people in the world

2. I can sing opera and I have attended lessons since I was 4 years old

3. I am addicted to buying Hello Kitty things and clothes but I have only watched 1 episode of the show
  • whitewhisper
    Options
    1 is the lie! I LOVE the beach, and yes I am super pale in winter when that pic was taken but luckily I tan in summer :D ahha yay one that got you all!
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    New list:

1) I'm 5'9" and wear size 12 shoes.
    2) My ex-wife and my domestic partner like each other.
    3) I hate the taste of alcohol.
  • Candyapplebabe
    Options
    last one for me is.....

2. I don't like cats.

Nope, unfortunately this one's true. Cats hate me and always attack me, my friend's cat made me bleed on several occasions and my boyfriend's cat tries to trip me over every time I go to his house. Also my dad hates cats so it may have been inherited somehow? Haha
    On the other hand I've never met a dog I didn't bond with and I am definitely a dog person.

hrm... 3! It's gotta be 3~