Not new looking for support not lurkers

Options
I've been on MFP for a long time. I'm looking for those that actually support workouts, bad days, good days, etc. I don't want friend collectors or someone who's going to sit on my list and lurk. Any takers??

Replies

• Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I don't really need or use the Friends feature of this site. The forums provide plenty of discussion and interaction and I don't need cheerleaders to stay fit or workout. I'm really here for the tools and information and forum exchanges (the forum is excellent for the most part).

I'm not friends averse and if I meet a like-minded individual, I might add them but like you point out, I don't need to collect a bunch of avatar icons that don't serve any purpose.

I'd be interested to hear why people seek "friends" here and what they expect these friends to do. Do people just "collect" friends, and what does that do?
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    ....Lurk...............peep..........
  • hungryhanna
    Options
    I'd be happy to! I haven't used the friend feature before and would love some support.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I do my best at being supportive. Some days are better than others. Friend me if u like (i'm at boy scout camp w/ my lil one this weekend) so no comments likely this weekend but after. I too need some supportive friends. It sure makes a difference
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Having MFP friends is like gardening. There is constant weeding, which can be work...

The end result: I have a nice small group of friends that are quite supportive and we are in tune with each other's habits.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :glasses: I see nothing....:huh:
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    All my friends are lurkers..
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I comment on workouts all the time but I'm more interested in the crazy people on my friend list that say random vulgar things to me...They are the ones who keep me coming back everyday!
  • logrolls
    logrolls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey - I've just (re)started MFP - I'd love to have some friendly support as well! Friend me if you'd like - I'll promise to help motivate.
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am the same so feel free to add me. I am not into collecting friends but I do really like/need support.

Shannon
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Yay! You can do it!!!

Tomorrow is another day. Hang in there!

Do I pass the test?
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have pretty good network here - most people provide motivation, support, encouragement. Like another poster mentioned, the 'friends' take occassional weeding out. Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • titaniumsnowtiger
    Options
    Definately Support!!
    I love to help people along with their journey as i do it!
  • xxXcaraXxx
    xxXcaraXxx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    have just started but very keen and would love support if you look at my post in noticeboard, it explains me :) xxxxxxx
  • Linda09189
    Options
    I've been doing MFP now for 2 weeks, and I do agree with you, I hardly get anyone comment or support, I'm so frustrated because I've lost like 2 pounds in 2 weeks and NO one has even commented on what I should do, why this is happening or anything...well I write a status NO one ever leaves anything, but yet I do have some "Friends", so yeah I'm right up there with you, what is the purpose of this site if NO one is going to really care, I can count calories on a piece of paper....Mind you I'm getting about sick and tired of counting calories if I'm NOT going to lose anything......why freakin bother?????????????
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First off I' m not the type to comment on a person completing their diary, I don' t comment on everyday status. I probably won’t say the nicest things. But for the few friends I have -or will have- I will care about their challenges, applaud unusual achievements, and give my input when asked.

Check my profile and feel free to add me if you think we have things in common and could mutually support each other.
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd be honored to help you out - check out my profile and friend me if you'd like my support!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not a big fan of one way streets...

Feel free to add if you like interaction :flowerforyou: