Aloe Vera Flesh

Options
2»

Replies

• Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel. It is supposedly the inner fillet of the leaf. Ummm...it can be a little tough to get down!

My first dose did a little number on my tummy if you know what I mean, it was only ever the first time.

After reading more about it on the web and by reading people's experiences, I decided to have a little bit each day.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's funny I came across this today, I just bought an aloe leaf to try. I watched a movie on netflix about the benefits of that and wanted to try it for myself. I found a recipe with a square of flesh blended with some o.j. in the morning, gonna give it a try.
    It tastes bad, just an fyi. I would go for a full on smoothie, especially if you froze it. It will not "blend" well with a liquid unless you have a super blender that cost a ton of $$$.

Thanks for the heads up. I will try a couple different methods with small pieces first.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    As with the last time I added aloe to my smoothies, it is working wonders on my skin. This is amazing!!
  • jigglewiggles
    Options
    So, I'm drinking my first aloe gel smoothie and it's......not so bad. I thought it would be a lot worse, but it's tolerable. Now it doesn't taste like my favorite aloe drink (which is probably mostly sugar anyway), but it is pretty ok.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    So, I'm drinking my first aloe gel smoothie and it's......not so bad. I thought it would be a lot worse, but it's tolerable. Now it doesn't taste like my favorite aloe drink (which is probably mostly sugar anyway), but it is pretty ok.
    Yeah, I will occasionally get a gag if Iget a gulp with a lot of the taste. Otherwise I taste mostly the fruit and yogurt. But is the occasional (doesn't happen with every smoothie for sure) that it happens, no me gusta!!!
  • jigglewiggles
    Options
    I know you said it probably wouldn't be good blended with juice, but it actually is. I just blended mine with o.j. tonight (because I wanted to gulp it down quick, can't do that with ice cold smoothies, at least I can't), and I set my blender to "liquify", and there weren't even any little bits of it that I could taste. It just tasted like frothy o.j. I did use a fresh piece too, not one of the frozen ones. Just wanted to share.