Bumping Uglies during Zumba...

Options

Replies

• Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Switch classes, she'll never get to be less annoying.

^^this!^^
  • sirrah17
    sirrah17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Inform management in writing (and not anonymously). Doing so verbally is a good start, but if the manager at your location wants documentation she'll need something in writing.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You and I have a much different opinion as to what bumping uglies means

Same here. Visit urbandictionary.com.

Agreed

I think she meant bumping and grinding, which would refer to dirty dancing, versus bumping uglies which refers to nekkid cardio with a partner workouts aka the horizontal mambo.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Let the guys report her if they're offended, they're the ones getting groped. Just switch instructors if you can or maybe even switch to a different studio if nothing else fits your schedule. If the place where she is instructing hasn't noticed that she's a problem yet then there's a good chance you'll have problems with their other instructors also.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Tell the General Manager. That's not appropriate behavior. The instructors usually are not employees and usually only do a class or two there a day...but may rotate to other gyms on different days...but this should definitely be brought to the attention of the manager...as I know when my friend was a GM at 24, they had high school kids in the gym frequently and in my gym I see some parents that work out with their older children.
  • Anamdalta
    Options
    Report it to a manager. If she's not doing her job then she needs to get fired. I'd also talk to the other members of the class and have them do the same. The more reports they get the more of a problem it will be and they can't ignore it.

This. It's not like there aren't thousands of Zumba instructors in the world - shouldn't be difficult for them to find a great one who actually wants to *teach* the class.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Reckon it's about time for me to try out this Zumba after all

Wanna zumba with me?
    (nohomo)

Will it look like this?

wtfrudoin.jpg
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

Wanna zumba with me?
    (nohomo)

Ahhh, bromance! Shall I expect the two of you in my next class?

Will we be bumping uglies? Wait, is this the wrong thread for this?
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Many people are saying to take another class and most are saying to report this instructor to the management.

I think someone needs to talk to this instructor personally as well. She may not think she's doing anything wrong at all, some people are truly that ignorant, we've all met them, right?

If you get a chance, talk to her privately before going to management. Let her know that you think her actions are inappropriate. I mean, lots of people bring their older kids with to classes these days and ask her what she'd think if a 12 yr old child witnessed her bump and grind. Remind her that it isn't professional either and that you don't pay for 45 min of Zumba, you pay for an HOUR of Zumba.

If she gets miffed, thats her problem, not yours. At least you are giving her a chance to redeem some professionalism before going to management.

Just my 2 cents.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I would say something to staff. That's really inappropriate, and you're not paying to see a live sex show, you want a workout!

agree
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options

Wanna zumba with me?
    (nohomo)

Ahhh, bromance! Shall I expect the two of you in my next class?

Will we be bumping uglies? Wait, is this the wrong thread for this?

Can you find your way home?
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Is she hot?

me thinks not so much
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    ugh, that would annoy me too! I'd definitely switch classes ... and if you can tell you aren't the only one made uncomfortable by it, let the management know why you don't think that class will work for you.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    complain to a manager and switch classes

This.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow! I don't even come close to another person during Zumba! Awkward! :embarassed:
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Where is this terrible, awful zumba class! I would hate to have a really fit woman grinding against me! That's just terrible! I'd like to go there and see this debauchery for myself! No seriously, where is it.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Complain to the management. It isn't what you are paying for, and it's completely unprofessional and uncalled for. You shouldn't have to switch classes to something less convenient to avoid her inappropriate behavior.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    she should be fired. completly inapropriate.
  • cal_73
    cal_73 Posts: 77
    Options
    Can you provide more detail as to what she is doing? I mean , like, a lot of detail....
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Glad my zumba class is ladies only LOL