This will take more than a week...

Options

Replies

• farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I remind myself often that it took me a long time to get this big. So it stands to reason that it will take some time to lose it. Thank you for your encouragement!!! :flowerforyou:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Thank you for throwing out that reminder :drinker:

The weight didn't come on in a day (or a week) and it's not going to disappear that quickly either.

Just stick with it--every loss is a loss, no matter how small. It all adds up.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Another THANK YOU from me, over here, being mad at myself for not making any lasting progress this year at all, because I have just not broken the binge cycle habit, nor gotten truly dedicated to the exercise habit. It's been the same 10 lbs lost and gained all year long... But truly if I am to SUCCEED, the goal is to make the change for a LIFETIME, and therefore I cannot be looking for quick fixes or 10 lb/week losses... I really needed this reminder today, and the encouragement from the others who are commenting with thier success journey stories as well...

This WILL take more than a week, and it is a "one day at a time" kind of journey. So just for TODAY, let's be awesome with our choices!
  • msbiffy
    msbiffy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your words gave me a boost of confidence, thanks for sharing!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have been at this for two years in January... Have lost 115lbs.... BUT have only lost about 15lbs this whole year, and sometimes I get very frustrated by this. But I am still training hard. and eating well. I just have to give my body time to catch up with me. ;)
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :love: :drinker: Thank you for posting this and your journey. Sometimes, we get so focused on the final goal we forget that the number at the end isn't what matters most, but the journey that gets us there. We forget every step towards that goal is one more reason to get up and keep it up, since everyday we eat healthy and move our butts is one more day that we are reaching for our potential. Great Motivation.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    So True.... I have been on this Journey for 39 months now and have lost some weight but I am far from done... That is why this is my Lifestyle and I will continue on my journey.... Best of Luck to you all....
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    :heart: this thread!

Far too many people don't give themselves enough credit for the small things that, when added up, are the difference between being healthy for life or having a dysfunctional relationship with food for life.

Great post!
  • newnhealthierme2011
    Options
    Wow!!! I really needed to read this. I have a problem with get discouraged when I step on the scale and it's the same or higher. But I'm going to continue to push on. I keep reminding myself you didn't gain all this weight in a month and it's not going to come off in a month!!! Thanks for the post:)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Great thread OP!

I'm another slow loser (average probably less than a pound a week and slowing down a lot now). I have good days and bad days, but when I look back I've still lost nearly 40 lbs in the past year, and about 60lb all up!

The main thing I have learned is that nothing is unachievable, that it will take me another year or two to get to where I'm comfortable in my own skin and to like what I see, but so what... at least I know I can get there!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I needed this reminder today!
  • WakaWaka437
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! I know there are faster ways to lose, but I don't often her of people who accelerate their weight loss .....and KEEP it off!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this.

I have been discouraged. I started almost 30 days ago and I haven't lost anything. But I have to keep reminding myself I am MOVING I am working hard. I can now run a slow mile, before walking would get me winded (mind you, that mile is up hill, but still).

I need the reminders I am doing the right thing to better my health.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for this!! :flowerforyou:
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    I am copying this and posting it so I see it everyday so when I get discouraged, I can read this again and take that next step on the journey, life that next weight, plan that next meal. Thank you for your inspirational words and congratulations on your completing your journey.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You have NO idea what that post meant to me....I started in 2009 when I weighed in at the Dr. office at 258lbs. I went home so upset that I looked myself in the mirror and said "Not one more day"...and right then put on a pair of workout pants and went to my daughters school and walked the track. I could only walk 1 mile that day and was exhausted. I came home ate some protein and continued on my journey. That was in March, and by Nov. I was at 209lbs and stayed there until this last march when I had weighed in at 218lbs. I found this site and continued my journey and am now 196.4...I still have a long way to go to be where I want, with a lot of ups and downs this summer, but am still determined to be at 145 by next summer..at least that is my goal...I'm getting remarried next summer and want to actually look good and be healthy when I do, so I have a lot of hard work ahead of me, this post was just what I needed to not feel a failure for not losing 60lbs in 60 days. I have so often thought of diet pills and things, but keep plugging along in the best way I can, having just restarted the 30ds for the second time, and I'm going to make it the whole way through this time. Even if it kills me...LOL YOU ARE THE BEST!!! THANK YOU!!!!
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! I have been making better choices since May and I have lost almost 30 lbs. (a few lbs. were before I joined map). I know my loss is too slow for most, but I feel better about myself each time I make a good diet/exercise choice for myself.

Some days I don't log all of my food and exercise. Some days I have a dessert. Some days I have Doritos. But I am human and I have learned the hard way not to beat myself up about being human. I have been overweight my whole life, so I have a lifetime of bad choices to undo. It WILL happen for me and for many of us!

Also, I have quit smoking too! All of this is about a lifestyle change- not a race to the finish line!