Where did you notice the weight loss first?

Options
Just curious.
Generally when I would look in the mirror I wouldn't notice anything different... except in my face. Seems like everything's disappearing there first, which isn't necessarily a great thing... I still think I looked better with a bit more substance in the face....
Now I'm finally starting to notice that I'm losing inches around my waist.
I just wish the thighs would follow along... Haven't noticed anything different there, and I've already dropped 30 lb.

Replies

• drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Everyone tells me they can see it in my face also. My thighs have always been the last place I lose any weight. It gets really annoying when pants are too big around the waist, but tight on the thighs.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I know how that is.
    I want to go down a pants size, because it's way too baggy around the waist, and it's going to start looking weird the more notches I have to go to on my belt. But my thighs make smaller pants too tight.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Just curious.
    Generally when I would look in the mirror I wouldn't notice anything different... except in my face. Seems like everything's disappearing there first, which isn't necessarily a great thing... I still think I looked better with a bit more substance in the face....
    Now I'm finally starting to notice that I'm losing inches around my waist.
    I just wish the thighs would follow along... Haven't noticed anything different there, and I've already dropped 30 lb.

I'm not sure. However, I can tell you the first place it comes on for me is my lower stomach and it's unfortunetly that last place to come off as well.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I first noticed it in my neck of all places. I realized it one day when I was playing indoor soccer. I wear a necklace that my mom gave me several years ago all the time (even in the shower, while working out, or swimming). I was running to the ball in our game and I realized that my necklace was flopping around a lot more when I ran. I then realized that it was hanging lower into my cleavage haha. A couple days later someone mentioned that my face/neck looked thinner.
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    Face, then neck, then gut, now my legs.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    For me it's normally my face/neck/chest --thighs, hips, and butt are ALWAYS the last place :(
    Still I'm motivated bc though i can't see it, my clothes are looser so it must be coming off :)
  • lessoff
    lessoff Posts: 19
    Options
    ive always heard that when you lose weight you lose it from the last place you put it on your body.
    for me i see my loss in the pudge between my bra and my armpit and then my inner thighs (i carry my weight in my belly).
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Yea.... Face and general upper half of body to the abdomen...
  • olerolls
    olerolls Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Per the scale, I haven't actually lost any weight yet, but there is definitely fat being shed and muscle being gained. In just two weeks, I've noticed a considerable change in my abdomen. Pants that were tight in the waist are now comfortable. The band of my sports bra is still tight - as it should be - but not AS tight.

I'm taking daily pictures (using Photo365 on my iPhone) and I can't see a change in my face yet, but I can definitely see the beginnings of change in my core. Yay!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Definitely my face/neck. I to hate how nothing has come off my thighs, well almost nothing. Definitely my lower legs are a lot thinner too...its so weird how everyone is different and how it doesn't all come off evenly!
  • RonitMig
    RonitMig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me, it's under my arms. My bras were irritating me and even leaving marks on my arms and my sides, but not anymore. Of course, I have only lost 5.5 lbs, but it has made me a little more comfortable already :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It's literally top down. Face first, then shoulders became really sculpted and let go of the extra padding, then boobs :(, then waist, then hips. My thighs have yet to see a decrease!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Boobs. My bras were fitting weird and I realized that I had gone down a cup size.
  • tiffanympm
    Options
    My stomach. I woke up the morning after 10lbs were down and felt like I could wind my arms around my waist 8x.

Then my face. I had a neck again.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Stomach, face and hands.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Face, & bewbies.

:c The bras got looser faster than the pants did!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My face and chin...which i am so thankful for!!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The hip and thigh area.
  • candy102389
    Options
    For me I actually noticed it in my thighs and fingers lol. Ive only lost 35lbs. haventnoticed it on my face yet but ive noticed ive just been losing evenly thru out. You should measure your self its crazy how many inches you lose.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Hands/boobs.

Life ain't fair.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!