Replies

• mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7.
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I JUST bought a new Polar FT7 on Amazon for $72, shipping included (I think).
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Polar and Timex both make great HRMs. When I was looking into getting an HRM, I was debating between the Polar FT7 (which is the next model up from the FT4 everyone is talking so good about), the RS100, and the Timex Ironman Road.

I ruled out the RS100 based on reviews that said the extra features it had over the FT4/7 only serve to benefit people whose main form of exercise is running, such as lap timers and other such features. If you're not a runner those added features apparently only serve to complicate use and setup.

That narrowed it down to the FT7 vs. the Timex Ironman Road. I basically flipped a coin for this one lol. FT7 won. I couldn't be happier with my purchase although I would probably say the same thing if it had landed on tales instead of heads and I went with the Timex.

My reason for going for the FT7 over the FT4 is because I bought it off amazon.com which is selling certain color combinations of the FT7 for the same price as the FT4. If you're not too picky about the color then there's just no reason NOT to upgrade since you're paying the same.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    get a fitbit instead, it even syncs to MFP for you.

A Fitbit cannot be used interchangeably with a heart rate monitor. It is something totally different and is more of a day-to-day general activity tracker than it is a workout tracker. For tracking your workouts an HRM is far superior as it can be used for a wider variety of workouts (not limited to running/walking/stair climbing).
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it

Same. :smile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Polar FT 7
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    I love my Polar FT40! Easy to set up and easy to use.
  • RobynBourgeois
    Options
    ^ this
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 and i bought it through Amazon, or check out HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com
    They always have great deals.. this is my first HRM and i absolutely love it.

Wtf. I checked out heartratemonitorsusa.com some of them are going from $100 to $349. That's a little to much for me. I wanna know where people are buying them for $60. eBay and amazon are about $100 to $200.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0OFDC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Roughly $70 right now.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Was just wondering this too! My Polar F6 just crapped out. I have to order a new chest strap(can't replace the battery in it) and the watch would have to be sent to Polar to have the battery changed in the watch. For the cost of it all, can just get another. My hubby loves his Timex, but I think it seems to generous with the calorie burn. I think I'd like another Polar, but one where the chest strap battery can be changed. Thanks for posting this question!

Most new Polar's have replaceable batteries in both watch and strap. The straps are also much more comfortable. I have been very happy with the brand and they have a very informative site at Polarusa.com. If you have questions on a model or feature you can go under support and they have a live chat to ask.

<Peers around and wonders if he can take M3's Suunto>

Mine is 4yrs old, so I guess it held up well. And I like the Suunto too, but might stick with the polar brand.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nope

C'mon...don't you have any favorite brands and models that accurately calculate calories burned?

Nope
  • NautiLife
    Options
    I have had a few HRM most of them have been the polar brand but they seemed to be hit or miss as far as grabing my heart rate monitor when I was running or working out. I found out that I was loosing continuity between my arm and the watch and then I ended up using the same type of jelly that you would use on an ultra sound on the back of the watch and it works like a champ keeping good continuity while I'm running. I personaly like the calorie counters but so Ive been told your not suppose to wear them all day because they arent accurate that way. I would love an all day calorie counter to keep up with my loss
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    I have had a few HRM most of them have been the polar brand but they seemed to be hit or miss as far as grabing my heart rate monitor when I was running or working out. I found out that I was loosing continuity between my arm and the watch and then I ended up using the same type of jelly that you would use on an ultra sound on the back of the watch and it works like a champ keeping good continuity while I'm running. I personaly like the calorie counters but so Ive been told your not suppose to wear them all day because they arent accurate that way. I would love an all day calorie counter to keep up with my loss

Been there done that but the new straps are great I don't even wet mine anymore and it keeps contact even if not sweating.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    TEAM Polar FT4!!!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it. I bought a couple extra straps since I work out 6 days a week. If something happened to it, I'd run out and buy another one pronto. The best fitness related investment I've made.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 and i bought it through Amazon, or check out HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com
    They always have great deals.. this is my first HRM and i absolutely love it.

Wtf. I checked out heartratemonitorsusa.com some of them are going from $100 to $349. That's a little to much for me. I wanna know where people are buying them for $60. eBay and amazon are about $100 to $200.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0OFDC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Roughly $70 right now.

I actually bought mine at Best Buy during one of their sales. I think I paid $65 for the FT7 that day.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nope

Ahh go on Dav ya know ya want to.

Ok. You're right. After further consideration, I suggest........ Nope
  • I have a polar FT4 and I love it! I never workout without it!!
  • sophieclarev
    Options
    bump