The hardest thing about dating...

Options
oliv2065
oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
For me, its my schedule. Right now I am working swing shift, which means I get off at 11:30pm. The only thing open around here are clubs, which is not my idea of a "getting to know someone" kind of date. The option of "hanging out" at his place that late at night tends to lead to one thing. Since I am a single mom the two nights I do have off I usually have something going on with my daughter or I atleast want to tuck her in. Her bed time is 8pm and I live about an hour out of town so the date couldn't start until 9 which is plausible. But my days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, so 9 makes it hard for a guy that has to get up and work in the am. I get asked out often but actually going on dates doesn't happen much anymore. Either guys think I am blowing them off or that I am not worth the effort.

What is the hardest part of dating for you?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    finding a date.

hahahaha

but for real...
  • oliv2065
    Options
    No way your cute...
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    all of what you said is very similar with me. I'm not sure if i'm too picky or what but there seems to not really be much for choices. I'm a single dad, like to be home with my kids even though they are teenagers. I would like to have somebody to share it with but too many hardcore partyers or women who just don't enjoy a romantic evening anymore
  • oliv2065
    Options
    And with being a single parent you have to be really careful about who you bring around your kids. I have had a lot of guys who offered to take me and my daughter to do something, because I wanted to spend my evening with her. But I can't do that either. It just doesn't seem safe
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Finding someone who actually wants to date me.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Immaturity in guys my age. Seriously, the early twenties have to be the WORST for guys. They act like long-armed little children. Even the CONCEPT of dating terrifies them.
  • Finding a half decent guy who has their head screwed on around the same age is me! And Meeting people is difficult!
  • oliv2065
    Options
    LOL I work in a male facility and the guys from 18-21 are the WORST!!!!!!!!!!! but you can tell who is in their early 20's by their behavor. It is so bizzarre
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    figuring out if someone's a phyco before you go on the date.lol
  • oliv2065
    Options
    That is not possible
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    finding willing girls to date psychos
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    No way your cute...

Thank you! But yes it is hard. Haven't dated much in my life at all - only four dates ever.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    finding willing girls to date psychos

lol, i guess that's hard to do?
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    And with being a single parent you have to be really careful about who you bring around your kids. I have had a lot of guys who offered to take me and my daughter to do something, because I wanted to spend my evening with her. But I can't do that either. It just doesn't seem safe

dating as a single mother is so hard!!!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    getting out of bed quietly in the morning making to the car before she wakes up :laugh:
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

dating as a single mother is so hard!!!

a single father is as well
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Staying interested, unfortunately I seem to have the attention span of a five year old. *sign* 
  • ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    finding guys emotionally and mentally ready to date. I am tired of the break ups only to be told months or years later "you were the best girlfriend, I just didn't know what I wanted back then. I was falling for you and got scared."

who runs from something that feels good?? i just don't get it.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    Staying true to myself and falling into traps that lead to self-sabotage. It's the "OMG!-this-guy-is-so-amazing-and-I must-keep-him-because-he-says-he-likes-me" syndrome. In reality, the guy is not so amazing. I just want him to be. This is why I am on a break from dating. I have to learn to be better to myself so I can attract a better caliber of guy. Doormats attract *kitten*.
  • oliv2065
    Options
    getting out of bed quietly in the morning making to the car before she wakes up :laugh:

I don't even wait for him to fall asleep before I leave... but that isn't the dating I was talking about