what are your trigger foods and how to avoid binging on them

Options
you know those foods that once you start eating you just can't stop ? :) I'm a self proclaimed peanut butter addict. it's soo hard to stop once I open a jar up, it's so yummy. what are yours?

Replies

• shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When you say trigger it makes me think of foods that people can't ingest, as in people with intolerances. I just avoid all my triggers so I don't get ill.

But when you talk about foods that make you eat the whole packet/jar etc then what I do is not stock those items. My biggest craving would be noodles, which I eat one packet but has a high calorie content or a hot chocolate made with hot water.

I don't really binge and avoid binging at all costs. Yes I will fall down but stress can be the reason and I try to exercise before binging.
  • menyeca71
    Options
    Nuts are my weakness.. I can't just have a serving.. so I just stay clear of them
  • lawre028
    lawre028 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My binge food is M&Ms. Can't keep em in the house. There is NO stopping me! lol
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Marshmallows!

My sister opened up a pack last night and she shoved a handful towards me and I stayed strong! Just kept thinking 'I don't have the calories!!'
  • laurenmiller1985
    Options
    Sea Salt and Crushed Black peppercorn Kettle Chips. I have no self control when it comes to them, especially after a few glasses of wine. I just buy them very occasionally when I'm at the supermarket and when they are gone, too bad, i'll have enjoyed them and know no more for a month or something.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    Nutella
    M&M's
    Popcorn - healthy except I love it with extra butter!
    Hot Chips with ketchup
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    HotCheetoes.
    HotFunyons.
    HotPuffcorn..yumm!
    Rolls.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    My binge food is M&Ms. Can't keep em in the house. There is NO stopping me! lol

Ditto!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Pizza I guess would be mine. I avoid binging by having it once every 2 weeks. 2-3 slices or a small personal sized one.
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&Ms... if they sold the big packages here, I would be in trouble! The little 30g ones are fine as an occasional treat. :)

Salted kettle chips with french onion dip also comes to mind...
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    you know those foods that once you start eating you just can't stop ? :) I'm a self proclaimed peanut butter addict. it's soo hard to stop once I open a jar up, it's so yummy. what are yours?

"Trigger" - that's an interesting word to use......

Anyhow, mine is chocolate and cakes.
  • cloudeblak
    Options
    Definately fresh dates :(
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Dried dates
    Peanut Butter
    Almond Butter
    Raisins
    Dried figs
    Nuts

if I combine them with other food, I am ok.
    if I dont, I can eat tons and tons until I get sick.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    White bread, you know the lovely, squishy, soft stuff? I cant have it anywhere near me especially if there's marmite in the house!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    nutellaaaaaaaaaa
  • Chellbelle60
    Options
    Red wine and once I drink a glass I head for the dark chocolate! Needless to say none on the menu tonight!
  • MonkeyxLover
    Options
    If i buy a big bag of something i just have to eat it all no question about it, if i buy a fruit loath or hot cross buns i eat them all because I worry if I don't eat them they will go off, if I buy a big pot of fattening yogurt I have to eat it all and if I buy a multi pack of sweets I have to eat them all. May i should just buy smaller packs huh?
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    there's too many for me... ^_^'

the worst are... I'd say... anything with Pizza dough (pizza, foccacia, pizza dough balls with cream cheese), cheeseburgers, french fries, pastas, crackers and bagels... any carbs in fact :explode:
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    white wine, I now only let myself on fridays! its an effort x
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Potato chips

Cashews

velveeta shells n cheese w/diced tomatoes

boiled potatoes with tons of brown gravy

fresh cinnamon roll.