A year in the making: My Tough Mudder story

Options

Replies

• samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

Now I have to register for a tough mudder.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    RESPECT

Wow, thank you for sharing your story. How inspiring! You are amazing and I am proud of you for accomplishing this goal of yours.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    THe one thing that kept going through my mind as I was reading our story was:"SHe is so lucky to have gone through that event" I am jealous. You clearly found out that your limits are much much further than you thought. Very cool. I so hope one of these events will make it to my neck of the world next year here in lovely Ontario (assuming I get in better shape). You are one lucky lady:) Be well.
  • skinnydawna
    Options
    That's AWESOME!! You are more woman than I! Great job!!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Seriously, thank you. Definitly one of my prouder moments in life and I've been talking about it all week. Crazy cakes, I know, but I was talking to the owner of my gym and he's signed us up as a team for Tahoe in June! I'm excited about doing a second one. Maybe I'll keep up next time.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an inspiration :)
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this!!! Many, many props to you! I am doing my first mudder in June and cannot wait!!!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Bam! You go girl!
  • Kitkat_58
    Kitkat_58 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!!!! :drinker:
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This story is so inspiring to me! I have my first mud run coming up on the 20th and I am starting to doubt myself. But seeing your story helps me believe I can do it, no matter how long it takes me I will finish! Can you give me any tips on how I can mentally and physically train betterfor this in the next few weeks? Thank you for posting this!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    So stinken awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And the cute guys motivating you Not to give up! Oh, my!! It really moved me! Oh my goodness.

I've done a Warrior Dash but was a little apprehensive about trying a Tough Mudder. Your post has really pumped me up to go for it!

Fantastic!
  • Ynnep1000
    Options
    My step daughter is in Nevada doing a tough mudder right this minute.
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great story. Makes me want to try this event!
  • taramaureen
    Options
    So stinken awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And the cute guys motivating you Not to give up! Oh, my!! It really moved me! Oh my goodness.

I've done a Warrior Dash but was a little apprehensive about trying a Tough Mudder. Your post has really pumped me up to go for it!

Fantastic!

The cute guys were a big plus, LMAO. I did Warrior Dash last year and that prompted me to sign up for Tough Mudder. The concept is the same, the obsitcals for Mudder were definitly harder, though. I noticed with Warrior Dash almost everyone could get through every obstical, they're designed to look scarier than they really are. Tough Mudder it was the oposite. The obsticals not only looked scary they were scary LOL. But, honestly, if I could do it anyone can.
  • taramaureen
    Options
    This story is so inspiring to me! I have my first mud run coming up on the 20th and I am starting to doubt myself. But seeing your story helps me believe I can do it, no matter how long it takes me I will finish! Can you give me any tips on how I can mentally and physically train betterfor this in the next few weeks? Thank you for posting this!

I shot you an email but the jist is: if you've trained for the distance that's the biggest part. Strength training is icing on the cake. And it becomes mostly mental, you just have to be able to talk yourself through it and know that you're going to be fine.
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You inspire me!
  • jeephipwr
    Options
    Fantastic. Great job and a great show of leadership for this group and me.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You miss are BADASS!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :smile:

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO AWESOME
  • Krisgren
    Options
    Way to go!!! What an amazing experience, I'm happy for you!! Im signed up for one next July and scared SH***less
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!