Replies

• hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very awesome of you!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Thank you for sharing your story, you should be so proud!!!
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love your story! Thanks for sharing. Be VERY proud!! :)
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That is so Awesome!!! I am in awe of you! I like to run but I am SCARED to death of those things!
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! My husband has convinced me to sign up with him for the one in Chicago in May of next year. And I am scared to death/excited if that makes any sense?!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    LOVE!!

I've already pre-registered for 2013 in the hopes of doing more than one. (I'm hoping to do one with my honey and one with a cousin) and I'm giving myself a year to prepare and get badass. Not that I'm not badass now, but I want to be able to do a pull up.

This story got me SO psyched for it and so ready, I wish I could go do it now!! :)
  • determined_01
    Options
    OMG, what an inspiration. Reading that gave me a lump in my throat, that boiling water feeling in my belly and I started to tear up. I know how you felt when you wanted to give in and that Marine that gave you that last push that you needed, made my intense feeling of "military family" (i'm a navy wife) surge, giving me goosebumps. What an amazing experience you should be OVERLY proud of yourself! GREAT WORK!
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/multisport/Mud-Run-Wars.html

Outside magazine has a great article on the Tough Mudder/other mud runs. The full article is in the November issue.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! The tough mudder is on my bucket list. I will start out on a much smaller scale doing the mudathon, but I can't wait to accomplish this feat. Congratulations to you! Seriously amazing journey.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    WOW!! super awesome!!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Girl you are way more awesome than I can even pretend to be!! My friends and I were just talking about doing a Tough Mudder yesterday, since I think it was going on this weekend here. We all agreed we probably needed to take baby steps and do a smaller, shorter one first, but you're definitely an inspiration!! Maybe next year I'll finally work up the nerve (and the upper body strength) to do a Tough Mudder too :smile:
  • beatoks
    beatoks Posts: 63
    Options
    kudos to you! well done and congratulations, you must be very proud of yourself.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Amazing account. I've always thought that the people I meet on the course at these events are the reason I keep doing them. It's amazing how a total stranger can say the right thing at the right time to make you keep going.
  • Dmarisol
    Dmarisol Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow girl!!! Congrats, I've been wanting to do it but i am afraid. Btw, love the picture
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Which one did you partake in? I believe the most challenging one is near me, Squaw Valley. This is my goal in 2013!!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Great story! Congrats to you. Love this!
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Major, major kudos. One of my goals is to do Tough Mudder with my husband. I know that it is absolutely brutal. Just finishing it is an awesome accomplishment!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing. Respect, indeed.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You are my new hero!! That was an amazing read and I admire you so much. I'm getting started on this journey and it's stories like you that get me going. Someday, I will have my own story to tell!!! You rock on girl!!!!
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    You story brought tears to my eyes-sometimes it is the not quitting-I am so incrediable inspired by your story an today it was a true God send thank you for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!