Why do you workout?

Options

Replies

• Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I workout because I have so much more energy when I do, I love how it makes me feel. Also so I can eat more and it gives me a break from the house and the noise. As a stay at home mom I need some time to myself and this is when I get it lol.

I could never do home workouts because I need the time outside or in the gym. No kids here but I cant be inside all day.

Unfortunately sometimes I just can't get out, but I do three classes outside the house a week. I need them for my own sanity lol. Love being outside too.
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    I do it for me.. i feel better about myself! i feel more healthy, to be better for my kids and my husband.. i want to prove to myself that i CAN push myself to do more and not just be a lazy *kitten* any more.. got sick of giving up on **** and using lame excuses on why i couldnt do thing.. and i couldnt stand being in a size 9 jeans.. :o/ but size 3 here i come! :) very proud of what i have done so far ! and couldnt be more happy.. but now to just push myself harder! n like everyone else.. who doesnt want to look amazing naked! lol
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I do it for me.. i feel better about myself! i feel more healthy, to be better for my kids and my husband.. i want to prove to myself that i CAN push myself to do more and not just be a lazy *kitten* any more.. got sick of giving up on **** and using lame excuses on why i couldnt do thing.. and i couldnt stand being in a size 9 jeans.. :o/ but size 3 here i come! :) very proud of what i have done so far ! and couldnt be more happy.. but now to just push myself harder! n like everyone else.. who doesnt want to look amazing naked! lol

GUN SHOW :D love your new picture
  • abarker1026
    Options
    I am just starting out at this. I have medical issues that I want to go away and most of them will if I lose the weight. I WANT to work out but lack the motivation to do so. I feel lost and know that I can do it but I feel I have already given up without even starting. All of your posts about why you work out are what I wish for too but why cant I get off my butt and do it.:sad:
  • BoobytrapKaz
    Options
    to wear better clothes and like another user said... look HOT
  • 3lilangels
    3lilangels Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    To be a hot mom and feel good about myself and age. And ofcourse more healthier.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    I am just starting out at this. I have medical issues that I want to go away and most of them will if I lose the weight. I WANT to work out but lack the motivation to do so. I feel lost and know that I can do it but I feel I have already given up without even starting. All of your posts about why you work out are what I wish for too but why cant I get off my butt and do it.:sad:

start slow, just eating healthy and the weight will go away, maybe just start taking walks everyday around town, then when you feel up to it start jogging or biking, and before you know it you will feel like a athlete.... we all started there... the first few weeks can be the hardest but YOU CAN DO IT!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Because it's fun and it's good for me... but mostly because it's fun.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    To be a hot mom and feel good about myself and age. And ofcourse more healthier.

well you got the hot mom part down for sure ;-)
  • 3lilangels
    3lilangels Posts: 120 Member
    Options

well you got the hot mom part down for sure ;-)
    awwe thanks wgpjim ;)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I workout because a) I won't want to be skinny fat when I lose my weight, and b) I'm finding it's really good for my mental health.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Because the zombie apocalypse is coming and I need to be able to outrun all the zombies or at least the people fatter than me!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be in better shape when I am 40 than I was when I was 20...

Plus being in a rock band, you do have to have a certain image. It sucks, but that is the reality of it.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Because the zombie apocalypse is coming and I need to be able to outrun all the zombies or at least the people fatter than me!

we all don't have to be able to run to fast, just have to have good balance and we can trip the really fast people ;-)
  • logicman69
    Options
    to wear better clothes and like another user said... look HOT

Ok, you got the HOT part down.. now what?
  • BackTatJIM
    Options

Plus being in a rock band, you do have to have a certain image. It sucks, but that is the reality of it.
    what kind of rock man?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Rock bands are awesome!! ((well most of them!)) Btw, definitely looking good! =]
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My exercise time is my "me" time.
    I don't have kids but I have people pulling at my sleeves all day, every day. It causes me constant anxiety, which exercise also helps stave off.
    My chosen exercise is running, which I love because I play corny up tempo music that I can run to, and it helps me tune out.

When I was fat, my cholesterol was 225, my knees hurt constantly and I had to take prilosec every day for heartburn.

I feel and look better than I ever have in my life.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I worked out because I wanted to lose weight. Now, I still have some more weight to lose, but my reasons for exercising have changed. I love how exercise makes me feel. I have so much more energy and it is a great stress reliever as well. The weight loss and all that comes along with it is an added bonus.
  • logicman69
    Options

what kind of rock man?

It;s a cover band. Top 40 and Modern Rock. Everything from Zepplin to Britney Spears.

Here's a youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1rcumU26M&feature=youtu.be