Why do you workout?

Options

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be in better shape when I am 40 than I was when I was 20...

Plus being in a rock band, you do have to have a certain image. It sucks, but that is the reality of it.
    what kind of rock man?

It;s a cover band. Top 40 and Modern Rock. Everything from Zepplin to Britney Spears.

Here's a youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1rcumU26M&feature=youtu.be

haha nice man buckcherry ,,, keep it up bro , im into a lot of thrash metal and older rock like zepplin
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel good afterwards.

Occasionally whilst doing it I am cursing the timer for not going fast enough, but once I have pushed myself and I am finished I feel pretty good!
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I started for my mother, who died last year... But since then, a few things added

+ It is fun, more so, if I can get someone to do it with me or work out from the Wii.
    + I find I am not as hungry, happier, get stuff done, and more alert on the days I do workout
    - I need to lose weight... which is proving harder than first thought...
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Honesty? I want to work out because I dont want to die. Im 35 and have a huge amount of health issues. Now i might work out, kick *kitten*, make myself the healthiest person in the world.. and die the next day, but at least ill die and everyone will know it wasnt because of anything *I* did to myself and my body. and my children will know that their mother loved them enough to DO something about her health.. instead of sitting on her lazy *kitten* and allowing death to take over.

It took nearly 8 years of rehabilitation before i *could* start working out, but now that i have the release from my doctor.. im giving it all that i can, which isnt much... but at least im not sitting here doing nothing, or complaining that this little bit will never be enough.

I am one step closer to being healthy than every other f*cker sitting on the couch!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    i was sick of being fat. i want to stop being fat. Curiously enough, at age 41, i think I am (now) usually one of the slimmer people in the room. Several times at the gym, I have noticed women looking at me (he he), they try to be slick about it, but you can usually catch them diverting their gaze. I have to admit...it's pretty cool.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wanted to be fit and healthy, but the more i worked out, the better i felt, so it gave me energy, then i noticed it bacame a good anger or stress outlet, and im getting older, i do not want my body to be a saggy waterballoon.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    B/c it makes me happy. I love feeling strong and I want to look amazing! Being fit brings my sexy out!! :happy:
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a better all around athlete. Wanted my body to work for me as opposed to against me, so I started and haven't looked back. I've tried before because I wanted to have abs or be ripped..sure those are great things but they never stuck...at least with me...when I looked at it as a life change for health and fitness I became more serious about it
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    I work out to eat and drink back the exercise calories.
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    so i can eat more : D

... seriously though haha!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What a great question. I never really thought about why I do it. Not right out in front anyway. It was something in the back of my mind. But, now, here it is...

I want to look healthy. I want to look strong.
    I want to BE healthy. I want to BE strong.
    I want to walk by my mirror and just give myself the thumbs up.
    I want to accomplish things that I was not sure I could. I want to be proud of me.

BONUS: I want my children to see that you can succeed, but you have to put in the work. I want them to be proud of me too.

PS: I don't to it for anyone else, but I sure to enjoy the attention!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be in better shape when I am 40 than I was when I was 20...

Plus being in a rock band, you do have to have a certain image. It sucks, but that is the reality of it.

LOL - You may have to have a certain image, but if working out is what gets you that image, then I would have to say that it does not actually suck. It is an excellent motivator. Rock on! :drinker:
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There's this supremely active, volleyball- playing, adventurous, and naughty little zombie fighter underneath this baby-created blubber that I'd love to let loose. Love my kids, but they donated 85 lbs that I never asked for! Aside from loathing the way I look as a chunky mama, I just want to be healthier and keep up with my kids. I also want to sculpt an hourglass from a rectangle, and have a Kim K. booty. Not too much to ask for, right? :P
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I workout to better my health and stay small :)
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So the sale lady dont have to point me to the plus size section.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    2 reasons...

1. I feel better and look better.
    2. I cannot live off of 1200 calories a day... I get to eat some of my exercise calories back. :)
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    To live a long and healthy life. I want to be able to do the things I want to do in life, and not have weight or being out of shape a barrier. It also helps me feel better. Not only about myself but in general.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Because the zombie apocalypse is coming and I need to be able to outrun all the zombies or at least the people fatter than me!

This is my reason too. People think I'm nuts but they'll see!
  • topsykretes
    Options
    A fulcrum/tool afforded to me in order to help live a life that I was not fully living. That glimpse in the mirror when you don't recognize yourself anymore. That swim you didn't want to take because putting on a bathing suit was pure torture. The special function you turned down because they would see how much weight you put on and the whispering ensues. That interview you turned down. The bicycle ride you said no to your kid to because getting oxygen to every muscle of your body was pure hell. Wanting to wake up every morning not feeling overfat and underfit with the energy of a gnat while asking yourself, "Holy crap, how did I get in here??". Wanting to love the way I look and feel again. To live the most fulfilled life possible. My human body -- this machine.... Everything else that comes along with it just all seems to fall into place and a wonderful by-product of it all (feeling sexy, etc.). Yes, to live a life that I was not fully living. Pure and simple.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So I can get rid of my body fat