My "shocking" story

Options

Replies

• yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS TO YOU! BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU WILL BE WANTING TO GO SHOPPING FOR A WHOLE NEW CLOSET FULL OF CLOTHES!!! YOU HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB!!!:flowerforyou:
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!!!! Way to go!!
  • wesside
    Options
    WOW congrats! Your story is so motivating. I just noticed you have lost 200lbs, OMG great! Can you tell me what your typical meals are? I am new to MFP and am trying to figure out a meal plan.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Haha love it! Go you! You must have been swimming in your size 20's! :)
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You go girl! Way back when I was a size 5 or 7, I loved shopping. For years now, I've hated it. I only buy clothes when I have no other choice. I'm the kind of woman who can't understand why other woman have dozens of pairs of shoes and buy a half dozen pairs in the same color. But...since I've lost a few pounds, thanks to MFP, I find myself wanting to get a few new things, fix my hair, buy some jewelry. I think when I lose another 10 lbs, I'm going to Goodwill and buy some pants. Goodwill because those pants are going to be too big in no time. And I've been thinking lately about all the extra small size clothes on clearance after every season. I'd love to be able to fit into those and have a great wardrobe. I'd love to be able to enjoy shopping again. It will happen.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    WOW congrats! Your story is so motivating. I just noticed you have lost 200lbs, OMG great! Can you tell me what your typical meals are? I am new to MFP and am trying to figure out a meal plan.

200? no, ive lost 26 pounds! My diary is open. I cheat every saturday, and this past week has sucked, because ive been on a new medication, but if you look back, say 2 weeks, you will see what its typically like! I eat everything everyone eles in the world does! I just use portion control and exercise! Thats it! As long as its in my calorie goal, and ive had good meals, i have that milkshake, candy, or beer! i LIVE. I have to! the world isnt going to change, and im sure not going to be miserable in the world around me! There is a way to make it work!
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Awesome! You go girl! Way back when I was a size 5 or 7, I loved shopping. For years now, I've hated it. I only buy clothes when I have no other choice. I'm the kind of woman who can't understand why other woman have dozens of pairs of shoes and buy a half dozen pairs in the same color. But...since I've lost a few pounds, thanks to MFP, I find myself wanting to get a few new things, fix my hair, buy some jewelry. I think when I lose another 10 lbs, I'm going to Goodwill and buy some pants. Goodwill because those pants are going to be too big in no time. And I've been thinking lately about all the extra small size clothes on clearance after every season. I'd love to be able to fit into those and have a great wardrobe. I'd love to be able to enjoy shopping again. It will happen.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the goodwill, but i live on a lake, and everyone here it seems is bikini size.. and there is literally nothing in a larger size... if there is, they are gone pretty quick! Its like being the only fat person on Venice beach! LMAO! Im pretty sure once im down one or two more sizes though, ill be able to get some jeans and cute shirts though!! YAY!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    LOL.. for tose asking if i was swimming in my size 20's.. well, apparently i was, but its kind of like being in denial of being fat.., i didnt believe that i was getting that thin. i couldnt really see it, and the only people im around, having extreme social anxiety, were my husband, daughters and brother & mother in law, (all whom i see daily) no one else could really see it either. It wasnt until i went to the doctor on Wednesday, when the doctor said to me... um, you might want to get you some jeans.. you have lost quite a few pounds, and your about to lose your clothes!!

:noway:

That was literally my expression. I couldnt believe it!

So, thats where my "jean story" actually begin. lol..

oh and PS.. all my blood tests were 100% turned around!!!! , other that my vitamin D levels, which are always bad, but thats nothing new.. lol.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Where is the LIKE button? I'm really hoping by the start of the new year that I HAVE TO buy new jeans as well. I've had the same pair for 7 years. I bought them about a month after my oldest daughter was born.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! This is awesome.

Okay, I am a girly-girl, and I LOVE clothes and have way too many, but I am CHEAP, so I have a recommendation for you: When you meet your final goal, treat yourself to a shopping spree at the local thrift shop. You'll find all kinds of deals ($5-$6 for jeans!), and you'll still not spend much money on yourself.

Way to go!!!!
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    great accomplishment!! definitely agree with the lady who suggested secondhand shops. I am cheap (and a broke college student). Thrift shops have helped me keep clothes that fit (and a few that will fit soon) in my closet.

good luck!!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I love your post.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options

THEY FIT! A little snug, maybe a little more snug than i prefer, but they fit. buttoned up, zipped and not at all uncomfortable! and in a few weeks, they will be the PERFECT FIT!!!!!!!
    Honey, if you don't have to get a running start to get in your jeans, they are just too big :)
  • redneckcaseysgirl88
    Options
    Bump-for later
  • fighting4fit
    Options
    That is absolutely incredible! Congratulations!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Loved your inspirational story because your eyes were opened to just how much you've lost. Congrats!
  • GrossMonster
    Options
    That is so awesome! Thank you for sharing! Maybe some new shirts in your future? :wink:
  • carolannrichard
    Options
    Great job, keep up the fabulous work!!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Where is the LIKE button? I'm really hoping by the start of the new year that I HAVE TO buy new jeans as well. I've had the same pair for 7 years. I bought them about a month after my oldest daughter was born.

You totally will have to buy new jeans!!! I know it! With a little dedication and an itty bit of willpower.. you GOT THIS!! Im honestly surprised my jeans didnt have wash holes in them! :laugh: they were getting a little thin! I told hubby i was gonna have to wear tights under them to keep warm this winter!!

Add me if you like! We can support and keep kicking each other in the *kitten*!! :bigsmile:
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Oh hey guys, get this??? Did you know they make shirts now.. FOR WOMEN? like not just t-shirts, but tapered, at the waist? :laugh: Seriously, they didnt make shirts like this 10 years ago!!!!

I saw one of these today & almost fell over! HOW COOL!!!

I cant wait to buy one of these!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!