Say you won the lottery....

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Would you hire a personal chef, or a live in maid?

Personally I WOULD HIRE A MAID! And then spend my days in the kitchen making messes for said maid trying to come up with the worlds most magnificent quinoa and baba ghanoush recipe ever.

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    why not both... i won the lottery
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Neither? I would still have arms and therefore would be capable of doing both things myself. Why waste money on something so trivial? I would buy my own damn house for one, and my own damn car! lol I'd probably have to buy just one thing that's really ostentatious, though...maybe a tank. Or a Gatling gun. Hell, maybe both. Practical? No. Fun? Abso****inglutely.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Neither. I think cooking is fun and I'm too OCD to let anyone else clean.

I would, however, work a job that I actually like. It would be nice if I had enough energy left over after the workday to cook and clean.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'd def go with both if I decided to be rich and lazy. :) But if I had to chose it would probably be a maid. I hate dusting. :)
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    Yes to both, along with many many other things!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Maid! The kitchen is my happy place. I make a terrible mess in there. Cleaning it up always feels like such a let down... And end to my happy. So maid all the way!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Probably a maid to just clean out the corners and behind the toilet, mostly the stuff I don't clean because I'm too lazy to move all the furniture.

This would be after paying off all the debts, buying a house or condo, buying a car, new wardrobes, etc..
  • Goaskyourmother
    Goaskyourmother Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Both. I'm a single parent of three, one disabled. I'd love to spend more time playing with them.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Neither? I would still have arms and therefore would be capable of doing both things myself. Why waste money on something so trivial?

For me, I see time as my most valuable commodity in life, it's the one thing that you can't replace. I would definitely hire "domestic engineers" to do these things for me. First, it creates jobs, second, I would eat way better and eat out way less if I had a personal chef, and lastly it would free up time to read, socialize, work out, be adventuresome!

I would probably open a fitness center too and not have high pressure sales people trying to sell memberships.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    depends on how much lotto was. I would want enough to last me forever.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Netiher...I would hire a personal masseuse.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    I already have a wife... :laugh: J/K!!!! I would go with a maid, I like to cook and my wife likes to bake... but neither of us like cleaning up afterwards. :smile:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want some stranger living in my house, that would creep me out but I would like to have a house cleaner come by and clean my house 3-5 days a week. That would be nice :smile:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't waste money on that stuff personally. I would hire a personal trainer though. And actually see a nutritionist. Put a ton of money away for my kids' college and buy a house, cars, and my mom a house. I'm practical ;)

I'd also buy a bunch of star wars collectibles!! Hey, I won the lottery, why not?
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I love cooking and being a reformed foodie iI can cook anything yummy! So it would be a maid/ personal assistant so I can work, cook, art, general playing and not worry about wasting my time doing laundry, buying tp or other annoying necessities. Its a nice fantasy!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Maid. I want to cook for myself so that I know exactly what's going in my food
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'll go with a chef bc then they could be more creative w food then I am.

What else would I buy if I won the lottery....
    A new car, a town house, put half my winnings into savings, pay off my student loans n my sisters n my moms, hire a personal trainer, travel more, fix up my moms house. Donate some of the money to different charities. Buy some random art and decorative items. Really expensive sheets....n then see what I'm left with and give some to family n friends
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Both. to live aboard my boat as we travel, swim, scuba, fish, bathe. The trainer/chef would be to keep me in check with variety, the maid cuz I'd be too busy loving life on the water. ..going from island to island-- picking fruit, making wine, scuba, ....ho hum...
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    First we'd adopt two babies which we've been saving for. After that, we'd buy our dream house, two nice but still practical cars, and pay off every bill and the bills of our family members. Then we'd make sure that the public school system that we work in has what they need so they can stop laying off teachers and give us a raise (none of us has had one in 5 years). THEN I'd probably hire a maid. :)
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Neither I leave the house and jump a plane for some place sunny and spend time on the beach every day running in the morning swimming and enjoying the rest of the day maybe some fishing thrown in wouldn't need a maid on the beach and meals catch as catch can probably eat out alot can still get broiled or grilled chicken in restaurants