Say you won the lottery....

Options

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Would you hire a personal chef, or a live in maid?

Personally I WOULD HIRE A MAID! And then spend my days in the kitchen making messes for said maid trying to come up with the worlds most magnificent quinoa and baba ghanoush recipe ever.

one word.. LYPO

then a maid and a chef and a trainer. its the friggin lottery!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Neither.

First of all I like to cook and am to paranoid to let anyone touch my things.

Secondly, I would just spend the money on plane tickets to backpack across the world.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things I would do if I won many millions of dollars but as regards my health... I would have daily personal training, a chef with the nutritional know-how to cook my meals, and a maid to clean my house. I would also have a huge battery of diagnostic tests done to determine a detailed assessment of my general health status and the health status of all of my organs.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    These are pretty bad options.

I would invest. Open up my business. Donate as much as I can to the family in the 3rd world. Blow the rest on ignorant ****.

^ you are my hero
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    I always wondered what the results would be if you.. say... won 2 million on the lotto and then bought 2 million lotto tickets. You'd probably own all the money.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    No way! I'd pay off all my undergrad and grad school debt, then pay for my doctorate in full.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If I won the lottery, say a million dollars, here's what I'd do:

$100,000 to my church of choice
    $100,000 new hybrid cars for me, husband, and son
    $500,000 set up a charity to help women leave abusive relationships
    $200,000 interest-earning, safe savings
    $100,000 for upgrading furnishings etc. This would likely also include making our maid service weekly AND hiring a personal chef one night a week.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    ermm none :)
    more like a range, £1.2mill tiffany ring :bigsmile:
    all the clothes and shoes my heart desires and would like to say a stately manor, but I'll settle for a penthouse over looking London, and another one in NY as well as a house an entire house in Chelsea not just the current flat :bigsmile:

I'm pretty easy to cater for, and like to do my own cleaning, therefore house staff really isn't necessary :blushing:

also full body lipo and laser lipo :) (if I was brave enough ) hahah << probably not though, more like personal trainer and super expensive gym
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Eh, if I was that rich, I'd buy both lol!
    Probably just my lazy teenaged-mind talking, but I think I would rather enjoy someone else doing the housework!
    And a proper chef would probably be able to cook better-quality and nutritious food than I can :)
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    Neither. I have this thing about me that I'd rather do things myself.

Instead of a maid of chef, I'd buy a good dishwasher, wash & dry to get more done efficiently.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'd hire a chef and a maid. I hate to cook and clean.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'd have two chefs and a staff of servants.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A cleaning service to include laundry for sure
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Seeing as it's all hypothetical, I'll buy into the either or question cause it's easy.

It's been said before but I agree, I enjoy cooking/baking/messing up the kitchen but hate cleaning. Therefore maid all the way.

Now, if you really want to make things interesting, let's say you are already $5k in debt and you win $6k. What do you do with the winnings? Are you a practical person who wants to be out of debt with a small amount of free money or do you blow the whole wad and spend the next 3 years paying off debt just as you would without the lotto?
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I guess its both *sort of* as I would spend my time cruising the world. Let the cruise lines feed me and take care of my room. :bigsmile:
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Neither I leave the house and jump a plane for some place sunny and spend time on the beach every day running in the morning swimming and enjoying the rest of the day maybe some fishing thrown in wouldn't need a maid on the beach and meals catch as catch can probably eat out alot can still get broiled or grilled chicken in restaurants
    AHHHH! Me too!! Except I would eat seafood everyday! No more chicken for me!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I would do neither.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I would definitely hire a maid if I had too much money on my hands... yeah probably a cook too. I hate cooking and we're a family of 7.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    If you won the lottery the first thing that would happen is the media would paint a huge target on your back and you'll be broke and in prison or dead within a couple years. Everyone you never knew will want to sue you for some wrong you did in the past. Third cousins twice removed by marriage will show up for loans. Credit card companies will line up at your door and fight like dogs over you to give you unlimited credit. Financial advisors will be coming out of th woodwork to help you spend your finances. If you're lucky you'll have a little left over to squander away on hookers and blow before you hit rock bottom. Enjoy your happiness.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Chef! I have always said I can't understand how the rich and famous remain fat. If I had someone who could prepare fruits and vegtables for me that is all I would ever eat. I am just too picky and too lazy to do it. My produce has to look perfect. The slightest bruise or discolored bit turns me off. I feel like it is such a chore to wash, cut, and pick through your fruits a veggies. Having fresh food at my fingertips would be heaven.