SHAKEOLOGY: Is it just hype?

Options
124»

Replies

• GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think it is. I would much rather just buy some protein powder and make my own smoothie or recovery drink. As for vitamins, I take a multi. Protein powder+milk+daily multivitamin, is a lot cheaper than Shakeology. Want a good recovery drink, try some chocolate milk, or make one with protein powder and juice to the appropriate carb to protein ratio. (4:1 carb to protein I think)
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am not affiliated with beach body but I have been using their products/workout for a while now. I originally tried shakeology and LOVED it...well until they changed the formula and now it tastes disgusting. I loved it because it filled me up for hours, I would have it in morning and be good till 3pm, and I did notice an energy increase and my overall body was feeling better, I lost weight (I was dieting of course and using this as a snack) with no problems. Today I actually ordered the chocolate vegan shakeology, I heard its way better than the "new" regular chocolate formula, so even though I am skeptical, I really loved shakeology that I am going to give it one more try, if I can't stand the vegan one than I am done :( but I hope not, because if it tastes better than it's worth it!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I think it is. I would much rather just buy some protein powder and make my own smoothie or recovery drink. As for vitamins, I take a multi. Protein powder+milk+daily multivitamin, is a lot cheaper than Shakeology. Want a good recovery drink, try some chocolate milk, or make one with protein powder and juice to the appropriate carb to protein ratio. (4:1 carb to protein I think)

bam.
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear, because I think some people have not seen the nutrition profile on a Shakeology bag, Shakeology is not a protein shake (if that is what yo are looking for, buy something else...) and it is not made with supplements (you can get supplements in pill form for way less $$$...if that is what you are going for), in fact, there isn't even a vitamin breakdown panel on the Shakeology nutrition profile because Shakeology is made with raw powdered superfoods (if you are curious what these are, go to Whole Foods and ask to see the powdered superfoods section...). Also, this review is excluding the Greenberry formula. Learn the facts, then make an informed decision, that is what healthy eating is all about :)
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    so you're overpaying for a bad protein shake/ greens supplement. and admit that it tastes funky? but you love it?

I was given a week and a half sample of it before I made the decision to purchase it. You can become a coach and pay $106 per month for it. I made room in my budget for it because the health benefits that it gives me. I have tried other shakes and nothing is like it. I was being honest that it taste funky by itself but like I said that if you add a banana it covers the taste up. One $3.53 shake equals $41.19 worth of healthy stuff in it.