Here again...will fail again...

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say this as nicely as I can, and I really mean no offense and no ill will out of it (because I HAVE been there).

Everyone has excuses and reasons not to workout. You have to look past your headache. Look past your feet hurting. Just do it and get into a workout routine. Yes, it might hurt the first day or two, but you can get past it. Get into a new routine and you will feel better.

Start your diary here, get a good supportive group of friends that will help to push you to be the best you can be, as well as challenge you to push past the pain and do more than you thought you could do. Chart your workouts, and don't kick yourself if you have a bad day. We're all human and it happens. But what you can't do is start with a bad attitude. The only person that can hold you back is you.

Good luck!! :)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but with that attitude you probably will fail. As others have said, you probably should work on having a better attitude towards your weight loss. Self fulfilling prophecy is a real and powerful thing.

Be more positive, you'd be surprised what a difference it will make.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Telling yourself you will fail becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So does telling yourself you will succeed.

Think about it.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    With an attitude like that yes you will. You can do whatever it is you set your mind out to do. I too have PCOS and was well over 200 lbs when I started this based on pics I would guess 225 to 240. I am now 148 to 155 and getting ready to start insanity. It is possible to loose weight. Start looking at your sodium intake. Look at the natural sugars they are in everything. PCOS causes an insulin resistance so watch your carbs. I can not eat pasta at all or white rice. It means three to five pounds of instant gain that goes away in three days but still the bloat isn't worth it to me.
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    <<<< this
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    You always pass failure on the way to success! Don't give up! Find something to motivate you!
  • pt85
    pt85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You always pass failure on the way to success!!

My favorite, sounds better when you hear it:

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed. (succeed). ;-) -- Curly Howard

At first I wasn't happy because my clothes were too tight.
    Then I wasn't happy when I lost a bunch of weight and my clothes fell off.
    Now I'm just happy... Get it....
    pt

Hey she jacked my line success line by 1 minute.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I think this is the worst title ever!!!
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you tell yourself you will fail, you will. But maybe if you treat this as a way to get healthy (heart healthy) and not focus so much on the weight you'll be able to see the small successes that lead up to the big ones. Set little goals and work towards them. I had the same attitude as you for awhile after I hit a plateau and I just gave up.... until I gained another ~60lbs by doing nothing. The total amount of weight I want to lose is discouraging when I see how slowly I'm losing it. But I made up my mind to set a small goal for myself and I finally just reached it. It took awhile, but I did it. The elation you feel when you reach it is worth the effort you put into it. Maybe look into the thread titled "In place of a road map" to make sure you are eating the correct number of calories.

As to exercise, do you have access to a pool? Water aerobics are a good way to start an exercise program that won't put as much pressure on your body. Even if no classes are offered near you, if you have access to a pool you can find the exercises online.
  • 2f2bl
    2f2bl Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm not mad I know what your saying, I just need to apply it. Thanks for your words.
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    best thing anyone ever said to me, (even though I didn't want to hear it at the time):

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
    — JIM ROHN
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you are tomorrow is where your mind put you".

Start there....
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you will succeed or you think you will fail, you are right. Why are you even here if you think you're going to fail? First step is to change that attitude, only then can you ever actually succeed.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tomorrow and feel like you. It's just so hard, isn't it? However, self-fulfilling prophecies mean that if we believe we will fail then we most likely will. How about we both try and be more positive. The incredible stories on this supportive site show that thousands of people can and do lose weight, so why shouldn't we be one of them? Do send me a friend request of you would like to try and be an encouragement to one another.

I will be thinking of you this week. Come on, let's try really hard, taking one day at a time.

All the very best xxx
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    how about shorter short term goals? some friends & I recently joined & we have 5 wk goals of :
    diarying food daily, & we find that motivates us & increasing our activity level, even if sometimes its ony a 12 minute walk to AT least several times & week but diarying every day. try that. :)
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Start out small. My heart used to race as well and I was actually on meds for awhile for it but got to stop them after I lost weight. I started out by just walking up and down my driveway for 10 min. then moved to 15 min. and so on till I was doing an hour. Drink lots of water and cut out cold drinks. I use a small child size plate to help with portion control. The little things will add up. Also, MFP friends are a big Key to success. I love my friends so much as they cheer me on daily. Good Luck and I hope you get lots of advice to get your attitude turned toward meeting your goals. Set some goals and put them on your profile. That helps me bunches. You can add me as a friend if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • 2f2bl
    2f2bl Posts: 12
    Options
    wow all of you, thanks. I will try to walk when my feet are better, still in boots for the fractures. I think salt is one of my problems I never really thought about sodium.
    Thanks every one
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Make your goals small and very attainable. To keep yourself on track start with a three part plan:

1. Measure all your food and log all your meals. This is the most important part of getting to a healthy weight. Of all the people who successfully lose weight, some crazy high number, like 95%, keep an accurate food diary.

2. Take some before pictures for yourself and for the website. I recommend taking some swimsuit or underwear shots of yourself. If you don't have a full length mirror, just go to a clothing store and take a photo in the fitting room mirrors. Post those photos someplace you will see them everyday. I have mine at the top of my incoming emails, so that I have to see myself at the place I started every time I check my email (several times a day). Photos are how you face up to the harsh truth. It is also how you stay on track for the long run.

3. Lastly, weigh, measure and if you have it available, measure your body fat percentage.

Putting these three elements together will give you a starting point. If you don't know where you are, how can you figure out where you want to go from here?
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I can't comment too much on the other stuff but on the heart rate I can. First of all, go get that checked out by a doc. Then cut out all stimulants in your life such as caffeine. Start with light exercise and work your way up. The healthier you get the lower that heart rate will get.

A year ago I had a resting heart rate of 110 bpm. That with a ton of anxiety and depression. Since I started aerobic exercise my resting heart rate is between the 60's and 80's. I also don't suffer from near the anxiety and depression that I used to. You will find the more you do the more you want to do.

Good luck to you. Don't let a fast heart rate stop you from getting healthy. Check it out with a doc first and then whip that thing into shape :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You think you have problems?

Kick that whiny voice to the curb girl and get on with working towards a healthy life.

be-miserable-or-motivate-yourself-cute-girl-demotivational-posters-13398940011.jpg