lose the wheat, lose the weight

124»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    perhaps wheat will go the way of tobacco?

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2011/oct2011_Wheat-The-Unhealthy-Whole-Grain_01.htm

what I find interesting is remembering one of my great grand parents and all my grand parents.
    They weren't fat and lived into their 90s & never went to a gym.
    They also used to eat a lot of fat (lard anyone!)...and they didn't have diabetes.

Meat and 2 veg was the order of the day, pasta & rice were seen as foreign food and shunned.

I wonder if the nay sayers have the bottle to drop grains from their diet for 6 weeks and can blog it.
    It would be interesting ;)

BTW - I didn't cut grains to lose weight, I cut them because they appeared to not offer any nutrition for the amount of kcals they deliver. And I wanted to experiment with something that when considering evolution, wasn't in our diet as a species for more than 10,000 years.

If you google nutrition on grains, you get the usual pro-grain blurb sponsored by the food industry.
    Then again, didn't they do the same with smoking in the 1960s as it was (and still is) a large multi-million dollar industry?
    http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20307049,00.html

Maybe we don't get lung cancer from smoking?
    Maybe we don't get intestinal leakage and other allergies from wheat?

Your body can't do without fats and protein.
    It can do without carbs from wheat.

Comparing wheat to tobacco and providing a link to an interview of the wheat Belly author? lol

Did your grandparents and great grandparents eat bread or was that similarly shunned?

Wheat wasn't in our diet for more than 10,000 yrs?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC470712/?tool=pubmed

No kidding! Hmmm...never made tobacco bread.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I've heard this before... but, I don't follow this plan. As long as it's not refined carbs / sugars, I think it's safe. My doctors just tell me to stick with wheat bread... and that's what I do.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    "lose the wheat, lose the weight"

Another weightloss marking gimmick.

The human body responds to rhyme by speeding up its metabolism

If you can, find a diet that incorporates iambic pentameter
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    "lose the wheat, lose the weight"

Another weightloss marking gimmick.

The human body responds to rhyme by speeding up its metabolism

If you can, find a diet that incorporates iambic pentameter

It also works with limericks, but don't try it with haiku. Large amounts of haiku cause your body to burn muscle instead of fat.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    I didn't need to lose weight, I dropped grains for an experiment on how it would affect my energy and performance training. I used to enjoy all my grain based food, but I thought I'd try dropping it.
    I guess most people don't have the ability or inclination to stop.
    It doesn't matter.
    Enjoy your wheat, rice, pasta, bread and whatever else you want to eat :)
    Biscuits are nice too.
    yum yum

perhaps I'll drop milk next, lets face it, it's from another species and the food industry has loaded those cows with antibiotics!

Maybe it's time to be a Breatharian.... no need for the toilet either!
    bonus!