Eliminating belly fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I can tell you comes from personal experience. Watch your sugar intake. This includes natural sugar. I find when I do not go over (or when I come in under :-) my alotted sugar for the day my stomach is much flatter. Also, make sure you are getting enough water and fiber some of that "fat" could be bloating...which sugar can also make worse. Hope this helps.

That is perhaps the strangest observation I have seen yet. If you stay under the MFP recommendation for sugar then your stomach is flatter?

Ok, I should have read to the end. You mean you get bloated if you eat too much sugar. OK. I can see how that might happen.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    80% diet ; 20% exercise... ive been going off of those guidelines and its been working for me. I heard that in order to get a sixpack or flat belly, its all about what you eat... you need to eat clean and the "blump" will start to get smaller. =)

Yep, it is mostly about the diet. I am sure you have the abs underneath that you want, but if you cut the carbs and refined sugars it will help more than doing 1000 sit-ups. Body builders eat super clean to get those bodies for competitions. Protein, vegetables and fruits are your way to go.
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I too am working on the belly and back. What's up with that yuckky sagging on your back anyway? I used to think mine was the only part of me that looked pretty good, then one day I was in a bathroom with a mirror that showed you the back of you -- aaaaarrrrgghhh! I was devastated. What was that? Ewww!
    Anyway, it's ever so slowly going. The belly I'm toning underneath with a variety of leg lifting exercises. They are amazing, and the tighter muscles hold it all in so much better, you can hardly tell there's any fat left. (There is, trust me!)
    I lie on my back and do pedaling, as many as I can with my legs going straight out, not up. And then I keep both legs together and straighten them out and pull back (like a pedal only both bent) also straight not up. And then I just lift my heels off the floor and slowly slowly lift up, pausing as long as possible every 6 inches or so. Then once they are straight up, I start lowering doing the same. Really hard, but boy, can you feel it in the abs. And it's so simple.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    did anyone say to do squats and dead lifts yet? because you should be doing those. and do them as heavy as you can.

QFT. I've been running for years, but nothing has stripped the fat off like adding big compound heavy lifts.