For those who workout at home...

Options
What do you usually do? Are there any sites or DVDs you prefer to use when you workout? I usually stick to fitnessblender.com and yoga videos I get On Demand. But, I'd like to have more of a variety of choices.

Replies

• becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I've seen people report AMAZING results just from one 30 day cycle of it. I'd highly recommend it - it's very inexpensive (and... psst..... it's all up on Youtube). I'm only 2 days in and can already feel the difference. It's short (25ish min) and kind of repetitive, but gets results.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I do strictly weight training and for cardio I spar with my hubby
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I also do 30 Day Shred, which is a great program. I also have an elliptical, weights,jumpr rope, exercise ball, Zumba for the Wii, amongst other odds and ends. While I don't use everything everyday or every week, it is nice to have a variety. The best for me though is lacing up those tennis shoes and heading outside. I am on Week 6 of C25K and I couldn't imagine not being a runner.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I do BeachBody workouts. I'm currently doing CLX/TF hybrid.
  • buudharich
    Options
    Fitocracy and the challenges available and a community a lot more forgiving and affirming.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    zumba (wii), 30DS, or any other workout video u find in youtube.. I recently found Tiffany Rothe videos, and love them!, im actually in pain right now cause of them :tongue:
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I started with 30 Day Shred and now I walk/jog on my treadmill while watching old seasons of The Biggest Loser - I intersperse that with crunches and pushups.
    Good luck!
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd round of Insanity!~
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I also use Jillian Michaels. I just got done with Ripped in 30 and am not moving on to her shred and shed (3x's a week) . I also have a treadmill that I run, intervals and do sprints (2-3 days a week). It is possible to lose weight at home. I just got a treadmill a few months ago. Although it has helped me get close to my goal weight it is not detrimental to losing weight and getting healthy! Good luck girl. I would find something that you love and stick with it!!! Have a great night! ~Corina
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I workout with Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds CD and VHS.. I also use my WII and XBox 360 and Kenict.. I am stating to use Shakologys Turbo Fire as soon as I get it.. Hope I can get others to join me in my Challenge when I get it.. I will post it when I am reay to start..
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I use my wii and walking my dog.
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My fav's:

P90X

Extra Yoga

Running
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Taebo, belly dancing, and running outside. :)
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have a few workout DVD's for when I'm stuck working out at home. I have 30DS, and a couple by Bob Harper that are TOUGH. And they're pretty cheap too, at Target or Amazon. I've tried some on Netflix that I didn't care for. I'd like to try some of the Beachbody workouts, but they're pricey. I'll probably get one for this winter.

Otherwise, you can find a lot of circut type training workouts online, like doing jumping jacks, push ups, jog in place, etc. that would be a decent workout if you did it long enough.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebells and I use this site: http://livefitrevolution.org/ It's free but requires a signup.

Kettlebells have been the first exercise I even remotely enjoyed.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've done P90x in the past. I have a nicely equipped, although small, home gym. Rubber hex dumbbells, a bench, squat/bench rack, suspension straps, and a neck thing that looks like an S&M device.

Mostly strength training with short (30-60 second) rests nowadays. I hear the "on demand" channels have some great workouts.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I have a tredmill and a total gym. it is a pretty good combination, I am looking to get a exercise bike soon.
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    Beachbody - doing Turbo Fire right now & love it. Think it's my fave so far!
  • jessicaS021
    jessicaS021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i lost 70 lbs with only doing at home workouts. maybe lost first 10 with bike riding however i do jillain micheals,biggest loser,xfactor extreme :),etc. it works cuz i didnt have time to go workout with having a daughter. now shes in school i wanna try something knew and hit the gym:smooched:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of running, been doing it for the better part of 25+ years and it's always worked for me....this year I've done 1-full marathon, 2-half-marathons, 2-8ks, and the Warrior Dash. I weigh pretty much what I weighed in high school. Having said that, I also do any Jillian Michael's DVD....been through 30 Day Shred, Ripped In 30, and currently doing 6 Week 6 Pack now. My go to exercise though is running....do C25K if you haven't and set goals to run a race....it's a high only runners know.