For those who workout at home...

Options

Replies

• NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    For those who are in 30DS levels 1 and 2 or haven't started yet... Yes it's on YouTube but level 3 skips in the middle of several exercises (planned maybe to get us to buy them? lol).

That being said.. I did 30DS in Sept. I am working with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones for Oct. In Nov I am going back to 30DS.. in Dec? I am not sure yet.. Yoga Meltdown maybe, or Ripped in 30. Shed and Shred is another good option. All are Jillian's DVDs and inexpensive. All I have in my "home gym" so far is a thick yoga mat (concrete basement floors) and a handweight set of 3, 5 & 8 lb weights. I just can't afford the $150+ price tag for some of the "big" workout dvd's yet. Maybe next year...
  • fragileline
    fragileline Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Look up "Blogilates" on YouTube. She has pilates and cardio videos that are great and usually very home or apartment friendly.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The very first workout I did when I set out to lose weight a couple years ago was the 30 day shred. I've since committed to a gym membership, but I still use the yoga videos available on netflix when I don't want to go out.

Some great resources:

Blogilates.com (strength, stretching and cardio videos for free!)
    Hulu (has an exercise channel. You can link to it through any DVR or video game system)
    Netflix (tons of videos online)
    Your friends! (everyone has a video or two they don't use anymore)
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike, I walk my dog, I do Leslie Sansone - working on getting my fitness level up to do other stuff such as Zumba. I have Comcast and they have some good workouts on demand
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I do cardio DVDs and follow the "new rules of lifting for women" program. When i've finished new rules I plan on starting a 5 day split lifting routine. For the DVDs I mostly do turbojam, tapout xt and insanity, but also do turbofire, rockin body, zumba and ministry of sound workouts.
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I turn on my 80s dance music do some dancing like I did when I was younger and aerobics. I need to get back into belly dance its a great cardio and is so much fun.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    not sure if it's been said yet, but i LOVE blogilates (youtube.com/blogilates or blogilates.com) she makes workout calendars which you can use if you subscribe to her newsletter! her videos are great for home workouts! pilates, cardio, strength training :)

ETA: i just finished insanity - that's an awesome cardio program! i may use some of the workouts by themselves in the future.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i run everyday for atleast 30 minutes... sometimes do walk, abs and some calisthenics. =)
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike, a treadmill a weight machine and various free weights. I like to mix it up and do all sorts of different things. I also take a pole dance class once a week and do several strength and stretching exercises with the pole. I think I am not a usual home fitness person as I am lucky to have a lot of tools that I have gathered over the years.

Oh, and I love to walk my dogs in the evening!
  • CCmomof5
    CCmomof5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Jam & Turbo Fire (Beachbody workouts) and 30 day shred. I also do occasional walks or bike rides with my family
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels and Denise Austen ...both talk a lot. It helps when you mute them. :ohwell:
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    Look up "Blogilates" on YouTube. She has pilates and cardio videos that are great and usually very home or apartment friendly.

Oh I do love her. Have you tried her calf video? Mine were sore for two days and it was only a 4 minute video.

And thank you everyone. Lots of great suggestions. This well definitely help me and keep me from getting bored with workouts.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    try Tiffany Rothe!
    She has a lot of free workouts on youtube. They are not really ahrd but you can definitely feel your muscles working.
    In addition I do the 30DayShred as everybody here haha
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of Insanity, which has been absolutely amazing so far. If my knees are alright with it, I would love to just make it my regular workout.
  • laurenx1990
    Options
    Jillian Michaels and Denise Austen ...both talk a lot. It helps when you mute them. :ohwell:

LOL.

True. I do a combination of 3DS Level 1, Yoga Meltdown and walking with Leslie Sansone.

I really love Jillian, but sometimes I just need her to shut it. I've heard the "motivational" speech on 3DS so much, I can say it while she's saying it. :-D
  • SweatGlitter
    Options
    I am on my 2nd round of Insanity!~

omg the jealousy ooozing out of me
  • SweatGlitter
    Options
    I use Jillian Micheals DVD's her ripped in 30 and buns and thighs,
    I have 5 pound weights and 10 pound weights that I alternate with for various workouts. I also Like to go for runs almost everyday for 30 minutes, I am looking to get a pilates video and currently looking for some on the web. I am an avid at home workout girl!
  • Reytor
    Reytor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity, P90x, Punching bag, and some free weights. I'll either do a DVD workout, some kind of interval training or sometimes just lift.
  • tahloo
    tahloo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started to do Insanity at home which is convenient for me because sometimes I can work out at 6pm when I get home and sometimes I have late workouts like 9 or 10 pm... It's a intense cardio workout, but you feel great after you start seeing results.:wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    it depends on the week, sometimes swimming, sometimes walking, bike riding, i just finished the 30 day shred, Leslie sansome are good, i have done some of hers

i love seeing what everyone does for workouts