High protein breakfast?

Options
I need some ideas! I am SO tired of egg whites. I can add them to things, but w/ them as the main ingredient, no thanks. Any ideas for something higher in protein for breakfast?
I already use shakes for lunch, so that idea is out.

Replies

• TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i think turkey bacon has high protein
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with whole eggs? They are only about 70 to 80 calories each and have great nutrition. Much more than egg whites. Additional ideas include a protien shake mixed with milk.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you eat the whole egg? o.o
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the breakfast recipes on paleOMG.com--lots of the dishes can be made ahead of time and heated up throughout the week. Meat, eggs, and veggies--can't go wrong!
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt. Load up on fruit.

Btw, she eats egg whites because it has a great protein to calorie ratio. Nice protein, low calories and fat.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Scramble and fold 2 egg whites and one whole egg on an Ezekiel english muffin with a slice of cheese. High protein and wholesome, flour-free carbs = uber filling yummy breakfast!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever the night before's dinner protein was...with a piece of toasted whole grain bread, and cheese. It will be turkey for the next 3-4 days :)
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Btw, she eats egg whites because it has a great protein to calorie ratio. Nice protein, low calories and fat.

So... are we saying 80 calories is a lot?
  • aaaanni
    aaaanni Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm also trying to eat a high protein diet as carbs just make me more hungry! I have been eating cottage cheese with 1/4cup frozen blueberries and natural yoghurt, its yummo! I alternate this with eggs or left over meat/veg from last nights dinner.

You could also have a low fat milk based coffee and handful of nuts?

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to see my food diary =)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

And I guess I'm saying eggs don't have that many calories to begin with and the whole egg has so much more nutritional value that eggs whites are akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Also, fat doesn't make you fat. I thinks it's a wasted to eat just the whites and throw away the part of the egg with the most nutritional value.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options

So... are we saying 80 calories is a lot?

Nope. But 25 is less.
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt for sure...I personally keep my breakfasts low calorie, so 65 calories of this and i'm good.

I do best having tuna for breakfast. It keeps me mentally sharp and not hungry til lunch.
  • Nhizarms
    Nhizarms Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey
    i am on a diet that requires 120 g of protien a day with low calories its sometimes is hard to balance them out.
    for breakfast I have danons greek yogurt (fat free) it has 80 cal and 12 g of protein and it is very good . also in eggs, almost all of the protein is in the yoke so I dont bother with eggs whites, i eat the whole egg, since the whites have no flavor eggs have 70 cal and only 6 protien but if you like string cheese (light) it has 50 cal and 8 protien so i switch it up, natures own whole wheat bread also has more protien than most others its like 4 g per slice and 50 cal hope this will help ya a little bit have a great monday !
    :smile:
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I usually have a greek yogurt and a protein drink. Other high protein foods, cottage cheese, turkey, fish, peanut butter, banana. I love peanut butter and banana on toast. Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast foods.

Another option is protein powder cooked into other things. You can make pancakes with it, add it to eggs, bake it into cookies, brownies, muffins. All kinds of things. Do a google for protein powder recipes.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    steak and eggs. Whole eggs, of course
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I don't eat whole eggs, because I dont want to lol I'm not a huge fan of the yellow. The white is pure protein. Point is: I'm tired of eggs :) So I dont want ANY eggs lol
    OH! And I can't have gluten, so any bread product is pretty much out :(
  • shorty35565
    Options
    What's wrong with whole eggs? They are only about 70 to 80 calories each and have great nutrition. Much more than egg whites. Additional ideas include a protien shake mixed with milk.

I do protein shakes for lunch.
  • shorty35565
    Options

And I guess I'm saying eggs don't have that many calories to begin with and the whole egg has so much more nutritional value that eggs whites are akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Also, fat doesn't make you fat. I thinks it's a wasted to eat just the whites and throw away the part of the egg with the most nutritional value.

I dont throw the yellow away, cuz I dont buy whole eggs. I buy just the whites lol
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt for sure...I personally keep my breakfasts low calorie, so 65 calories of this and i'm good.

I do best having tuna for breakfast. It keeps me mentally sharp and not hungry til lunch.

I might try tuna for breakfast. This could work.