High protein breakfast?

Options

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    steak and eggs. Whole eggs, of course

This! add on some bacon and some greek yogurt.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I dont throw the yellow away, cuz I dont buy whole eggs. I buy just the whites lol

well, there was your first mistake
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Small curd lowfat cottage cheese with some berries.

Bacon...straight up they can take my bacon from my cold dead hands.

Turkey Breast

Lox

Greek Yogurt (but watch the sugar!)
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I dont throw the yellow away, cuz I dont buy whole eggs. I buy just the whites lol

This. I mean, if the yolks had gluten or something I'd say okay, but the yolks are going to fill you up as opposed to the whites.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

This. I mean, if the yolks had gluten or something I'd say okay, but the yolks are going to fill you up as opposed to the whites.

The whites fill me up fine.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options

*backs away slowly*

Sorry... did not mean to sound threatening. If you like savory breakfasts I love to cook up some chicken in a little bit of whatever oil I can have (I don't know gluten-wise what that is for you) and package it up in my freezer so I can get some out whenever I like. It's protein-filled, a serving is ~115-120 cals and I can't get enough of it! Not huge on meat here... but chicken is my weakness. :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Ain't no cure for dopey.
  • shorty35565
    Options

*backs away slowly*

Sorry... did not mean to sound threatening. If you like savory breakfasts I love to cook up some chicken in a little bit of whatever oil I can have (I don't know gluten-wise what that is for you) and package it up in my freezer so I can get some out whenever I like. It's protein-filled, a serving is ~115-120 cals and I can't get enough of it! Not huge on meat here... but chicken is my weakness. :)

You wasn't sounding threatening. I just didn't get the big deal with the eggs. It doesn't matter that I don't eat the yolk, the point was I'm tired of eggs. Thank u :) Chicken sounds like a good option!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Just tried a protein pancake tonight for dinner and it was pretty good and super filling. It was 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/4 cup of instant oatmeal and very little water. It makes one huge pancake. I don't like eggs very much but occasionally I'll have egg whites with a morning star sausage. Another favorite is the kashi go lean crunch cereal with unsweetened almond milk. Might also be able to try a breakfast burrito with veggies, meat, and cheese. Not to sound stupid, but not sure if any of these choices are gluten free.
  • riverain
    riverain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    High protein cereal? I like kashi golean, it is high protein and high fiber, both of which i never get enough of.
    I also love plain greek yogurt with some granola
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to chuck your ideas of what "breakfast" foods are. You need to reach into your "lunch" or "dinner" worthy foods for some real high protein. I stick to meats in the morning (for the most part) like chicken and lean pork chops. Nice and simple and not heavy. I make extra the night before so I dont have to cook in the morning.

There are many recipes out there that use "breakfast" spices (such as cinnamon) that you could incorporate if you miss that. Also, you didn't mention if you are also doing low-carb. If not you could think about having grilled cheese for breakfast. Use good cheese and the protein count can go up high!
  • anghigdon
    anghigdon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What about Steel Cut Oats with some blueberries and chopped nuts? I do this sometimes when I get tired of the egg white sandwiches I normally have. If you are thinking about tuna, one of my favorites is a tuna salad recipe I got from Biggest Loser. Put it on a bagel thin or sandwich thin with a slice of reduced fat cheese and broil it. Makes a really great tuna melt. I also will do a melt with deli ham instead of the tuna.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Mix it up - supper for breakfast. Leftovers are awesome.
    Don't forget nuts.
    Kashi cereal and granola bars have a LOT of protein and taste great, not like cardboard.
  • ikillem
    ikillem Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt. Load up on fruit.

Btw, she eats egg whites because it has a great protein to calorie ratio. Nice protein, low calories and fat.

And I guess I'm saying eggs don't have that many calories to begin with and the whole egg has so much more nutritional value that eggs whites are akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Also, fat doesn't make you fat. I thinks it's a wasted to eat just the whites and throw away the part of the egg with the most nutritional value.

I only eat egg whites because I have high cholesterol and the whole egg has alot of cholesterol in it.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt. Load up on fruit.

Btw, she eats egg whites because it has a great protein to calorie ratio. Nice protein, low calories and fat.

And I guess I'm saying eggs don't have that many calories to begin with and the whole egg has so much more nutritional value that eggs whites are akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Also, fat doesn't make you fat. I thinks it's a wasted to eat just the whites and throw away the part of the egg with the most nutritional value.

The yolk has all the cholesterol in it. If you have cardiovascular disease, diabetes or a high low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") blood cholesterol level, you should limit your dietary cholesterol to less than 200 mg a day.
    One large egg has about 186 mg of cholesterol — all of which is found in the yolk. Therefore, if you eat an egg on a given day, it's important to limit other sources of cholesterol for the rest of that day. Consider substituting servings of vegetables for servings of meat, or avoid high-fat dairy products for that day.

If you like eggs but don't want the extra cholesterol, use only the egg whites. Egg whites contain no cholesterol. You may also use cholesterol-free egg substitutes, which are made with egg whites.
  • sulamita03
    sulamita03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was surprise that Cottage cheese has a lot of protein as well..
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My current favorite, started with a new lifting routine, is proatmeal: oats, whey protein isolate, pb2, flax meal and nuts/fruit as macros allow.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am a simple person. I eat the same things over and over. lol. My "high protein breakfast" is 3 whole eggs srambled with a little milk and cheese, 2-3 slices of bacon tore up and mixed in with my eggs (I also put salsa on my eggs but that's just my personal preference and doesn't add anything nutrition-wise) ... and a glass of milk. That's not exactly "high" protein but it is an extra 8 grams. I also eat a piece of toast usually.

Best breakfast ever. I also eat this meal for lunch and dinner sometimes too. LOL
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I usually have plain greek yogurt with a packet of stevia for added sweetness. Then I add 1/4 cup of nuts or trail mix to it along with fresh blueberries. It's a tasty breakfast (and certainly feels more like dessert) that does pretty well on protein.

If that is not enough, you can still have a hard boiled egg with it. I find it satisfying with or without the egg though.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    High protein cereal? I like kashi golean, it is high protein and high fiber, both of which i never get enough of.
    I also love plain greek yogurt with some granola

I would love to have Kashi cereal, but it has Gluten :(