Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Doin' the happy dance for you!
  • cmuggridge
    cmuggridge Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would do a quick update since so many of you gave such positive feedback. I am feeling much better this afternoon and I just finished burning another 300 calories on the exercise bike. I think the earlier exercise and hearing from all of you made a big impact.

To anyone else who tends to pull themselves inward when they are depressed, try doing the opposite of what your mind is telling you to do. It wants to keep you in the dark and punish yourself. Seek out company and share something of yourself. It doesn't have to be anything huge but it does help to break free a bit by making a conscious choice. It won't solve everything for you or banish the depression but it does give you a tool to use when not much else is available to you.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Really proud of you!
  • jessalleyne
    Options
    You are a freakin' Rock Star!!! I'm so proud of you - overcoming is so empowering! Post it every time!! And share how the exercise helps you recover from the periods of depression - if it does at all. Peace!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Bravo. That is a huge and admirable step! From one person who suffers from depression to another: I am proud of you :flowerforyou: Congratulations and cheers to the happy days ahead!
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Way to go doll! I think it's wonderful that you put it out there to to the universe and it's even better than you took control of it.

Awesome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kcmo2528
    kcmo2528 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good job! You should feel proud!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!!
    I've struggled with depression so I can relate to that side of it. Yep - hard to get out of bed before noon.

Good for you for trusting that more hopeful side of you.!
  • shoz147
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself, every exercise session is one step closer to your goal, well done!:wink:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

...This has been a huge accomplishment for me. Thanks for letting me share.

Thank YOU for sharing with us! It's wonderful that you are able to push through your depression and focus on the positive. That's a huge challenge. When you're stuck down there, it can be so hard to remember there's a bright side waiting for you on the other end, but it's definately there and it sounds like you may already be on your way. I'll think good thoughts for you! :heart:
  • true35
    true35 Posts: 43
    Options
    Your NSV means so much to me... Thank you!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Plus, the endorphin we get from exercising probably really helps with the depression. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!