5k run times

Options
Just had to share and wanted you to share too!

I finished my FIRST 5k at age 47 in 31:39. I placed 734th out of 1851 entries and 100th out of 280 in my age group! (Yay me!)

Come on runners-share your accomplishments!

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had a great chilly four mile run this morning!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    5k this morning :)
    PB is currently 33mins, looking to get sub 30 as soon as I'm able.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not running 5Ks yet but I ran my first 5 miles today! I'm really proud because I never thought I'd ever run or enjoy running but I do!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Congrats! First 5k time was 41 minutes. Now I'm down to a solid 36. I hope to just keep on improving :)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    If you`ve done 5 miles then you`ve done approx 8k...:bigsmile: So well done
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats - I have not been brave enough to enter a race yet, so huge respect to you
    Personal achievment for me today, I graduated from the beginners to the improvers running group in my town and 4.5 miles - sooo happy (and sore) :happy: :happy:
  • marymack427
    marymack427 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am running my first one on November 3rd. I am very nervous but excited for it!
  • annabanana05
    Options
    I haven't ran any 5K's yet but currently my time for running 3 miles is 36 minutes. I am trying to get down to 30 minutes.
  • yogini_runner
    Options
    I finished a 1/2 marathon on Sunday in 2 hours 14 minutes and 8 seconds.
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    First 5k was this past Sat. 43 min and 41 seconds! Only place to go now is down!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!! I just finished Mud Factor 5K (Mud Run obstacle course) in Sacramento in 1:17 ... so many better looking people that were far more out of shape than myself!
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    congrats! I finished my 1st two years ago in 31:54. I finished one two weeks ago in 21:37 .. it's amazing how good it feels to continually get better! Keep on chuggin.
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    5k this morning :)
    PB is currently 33mins, looking to get sub 30 as soon as I'm able.

Ditto to this... But not in the morning last night!
  • bigblu89
    bigblu89 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I drove a route around my neighborhood, trying to figure out what path would be around 3.1 miles, which equals a 5k.

I've done that route twice now, as I'm training for my first non-walking 5k which is on Oct 20th.

29 and 27 minutes so far.

I'm hoping my measurements are accurate, as my goal was to do it in under a half hour.
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    First was 33:17. Couldn't believe I finished let alone ran under 35:00!
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ran my first and only 5k July 14th @ 195lbs (down 90lbs) at 27:48. NOW I have no clue how the heck that happened. Divine intervention I suppose.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My first was 39 minutes! I hope to have improved by the next one; it was so fun though!
  • funpilot56
    Options
    Congrats...now you have the running/racing bug. Former runner who is just getting back into it. Ran sub 25 a couple of weeks ago and now training for 7:30 pace....not like high school or college, but at least I am still running at 57.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    I have run several 5K's, they range from 30:33 to 36 due to the different courses they are on...we are soon starting our 2nd year of them on the same courses so that will better tell me if I got faster, but my home loop I do is 2.59 and I was 34 and now I am under 26 so.....I average about 10:30/mile on a good day :)
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My most recent 5k was 27:21.
    But I used to run in high school and ran in the low 25's so I'm working to get back to there.
    Great job everyone!