What's your best eating rule?

Options

Replies

• samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Only eat when I'm actually hungry, not because I'm bored or because it's breakfast/ lunch/ dinner time.

^^^^ this. Too many people look at their watch and say "oh it's noon must be time to eat" even when they are not hungry. And they wonder why we have an obesity problem in America. I have some days where I may only eat 700 calories - 1 or 2 a month. And other days when I am STARVING - again 1 or 2 a month. Just make sure I eat the good stuff and not the junk. Rest of the time I eat about 1400 cals and no junk and I'm satisfied.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I really try to eat when I'm eating. That means, I'm not reading, I'm not MFPing, I'm not sitting at my computer working, I'm not driving.
    I'm there.

I REALLY need to work on this.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel, not just something to comfort me when I'm bored, happy, sad, mad, etc.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    chicken/tuna, eggs and avacado errr day err day :D
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna splurge, make sure you splurge on something REALLY good that you really want
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    see post below; this one was accidental; I hadn't finished my thought.
  • Tag9
    Tag9 Posts: 3
    Options
    If it's free and you eat it standing up it has no calories.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    No eating between meals. And I keep strict meal times because my body gives me signals to eat all day every day, and most of them have nothing whatsoever to do with hunger. So I differ from many in that I prefer to eat when it's meal-time. All other times I give my body water and tell it to shut the frick up.
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    5-6 meals / day
    and protein in every one of them :)
    oh and I dont eat anything that is not logged :)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Don't.

This.
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Only eat when I'm actually hungry, not because I'm bored or because it's breakfast/ lunch/ dinner time.

^^^^ this. Too many people look at their watch and say "oh it's noon must be time to eat" even when they are not hungry. And they wonder why we have an obesity problem in America. I have some days where I may only eat 700 calories - 1 or 2 a month. And other days when I am STARVING - again 1 or 2 a month. Just make sure I eat the good stuff and not the junk. Rest of the time I eat about 1400 cals and no junk and I'm satisfied.

^^^ This
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    “Life itself is the proper binge.”
    ― Julia Child
  • Iron_Stephanie
    Iron_Stephanie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your favorite guilty pleasures, once in a while. Buy doing this you don't feel deprived. Once a week I do this, and have still managed to lose 20lbs since late July:):wink:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Try to make most of your foods homemade or just as it is like apples.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    weigh everything.

and, if i'm going to throw away calories on sweets or junk food, they have to be good! if i'm going to eat chocolate, it's lindt!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I am not under eater so it is important for me to remember to eat...
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Food is not entertainment. It is just a means to stay alive.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If I am eating at the grace of another, I will eat some of all that is offered for the meal. Whether I like the food or not is irrelevant. Oh, and fruit smoothie for breakfast. Even if I want pancakes >:-{
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    I eat 2 meals (hate breakfast - and that is bad, I know) - snack awareness - calorie awareness - when in doubt look it up...can very easily make me put it down....and saying, no thank you - like today when the boss offered me a cookie.:-)...not kicking my self (too hard) when I fall off the wagon
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    log it before I eat it!