What's your best eating rule?

Options

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I only cook enough to serve the people eating, ex: if I am feeding 4 people, I cook 1lb of chicken, 4oz each. Nothing extra for seconds.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    It's going to be something I really like. :)
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Get at least one new fruit or vegetable each time I grocery shop.
  • rockchalk03
    Options
    Eat slowly!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    eat healthier not less :flowerforyou:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    More protein!

I used to only have tiny portions of meat/fish/eggs...no wonder I was always hungry..
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself of my favourite foods - cheese, chocolate, pizza, chips, I eat them all...in moderation

Those last 2 words are the key to my weight loss :smile:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Don't eat after 8 unless I'm going to be up past midnight. Then I have an ounce of cheese or something light at 10:30.
  • Lee_louh
    Lee_louh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you feel thirsty, drink an entire glass, then refill it to sip from.
    No eating when you feel thirsty. Thirst is commonly confused with hunger.
    Get kitchen scales and weigh EVERYTHING, EVERY TIME. No guesstimating.
    If you're craving something, have some, just calorie budget for it.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My number one rule of eating:

Eat everything and anything I want, where I want, when I want it, in MODERATION.

Notice the MODERATION in all caps.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Pre-logging really helps me with planning. I normally pre-log my day including snacks but without dessert. Then if I exercise I can treat myself to some Greek yoghurt and fruit for dessert! :happy:
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I try not to buy/eat many foods that are over 250 cals a serving and have more than 3-4 servings. Or over 300mg salt per serving.

Because sometimes I'll just eat too much (salami, chips, etc) I'm not good at moderation so I just avoid buying things.

I try to stay under 500 for meals too.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Not hard and fast rules - rules are meant to be broken after all!

Know the nutritional value of anything before you eat it, then decide if it is really worth it. Sometimes it definitely is, but this rule seems to help me figure out sensible portions of things.

Don't drink your calories. Drink lots of water and green tea

Eat often, with lots of protein and veggies

It's not a diet it's a lifestyle therefore no food groups or foods are cut out completely, just limited in portion size and frequency. Depriving yourself completely just means that you'll break in a big way at some point along the line.
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later....great ideas!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Try new foods whenever the opportunity arises.
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eat regularly three times a day. Breakfast before class, lunch around noon when I have an hour to spare, and dinner sometime around 5 or 6. Changes a bit on the weekends when the cafeteria hours are weird, but is otherwise pretty good. Means I know about how many calories I have fore each meal (around 500) and if I eat below that, I have more for a later meal, or for a snack in between :D

I've also been trying to get into the habit of drinking a lot of water. I like to have a drink with me during class, and water is way better than soda.

I also don't count my cold beverages most of the time towards calories. I ignore them. For example, I have a small glass of chocolate milk every morning at breakfast, but you won't see that anywhere recorded. Sometimes I have a bottle of Iced Tea in class. I just try to change them to water when I think about it, and if I don't, it's a treat that I'm not going to stress about in my overall weight loss plan.
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Veggies first, and only thing allowed for second helpings..

That is a great rule of thumb. :)
  • lexusgirl1
    Options
    Portion control.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lawwang
    lawwang Posts: 24
    Options
    Eat whatever you want as long as it fits your macros (total calories, carbs, fats, protein).