More muscle at caloric maintenance?

Options
13»

Replies

• ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

*L* My maintenance is 2100. And I'm a 5'4 130lb female haha.

Ha, as far as I know this isn't a competition. We might have the same overall muscle mass - whatever - it's not a competition there either. My guess is kiachu works at her physique for her own reasons.

I also don't understand why it isn't "cool" that my calorie maintenance is where it is. I suspect that MFP calculated the maintenance level about correctly as I am maintaining my weight for 90 days using the target. And, again, I am likely underestimating my calories in as I try to estimate the calories in roughly (I mean, it is based on the food I am eating but I eat a lot of home made meals so there are a lot of estimates). But I am probably underestimating consistently enough that it does not matter for the overall goal.

I did mean the whole HUGE/SKINNY ideal as a joke. It is likely that we have different ideals. I might have to find a picture of my goals - but lets say I'm not looking to be action star large.

And, well, my wife has her own issues - basically she would like me not to weigh less than she does for her own psychological reasons - I believe that is the main driver in her wanting me not to weigh less than I do today. Sure, there might be other issues as well - psychology is complicated.

Thanks all for the help - it is off to eating more and lifting more.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    For the record I don't like hyuuuge, per sae, SideSteel would be what is ideal to me. Fit.

BTW nice Adonis belt SideSteel lol.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Ha, as far as I know this isn't a competition. We might have the same overall muscle mass - whatever - it's not a competition there either. My guess is kiachu works at her physique for her own reasons.

I also don't understand why it isn't "cool" that my calorie maintenance is where it is. I suspect that MFP calculated the maintenance level about correctly as I am maintaining my weight for 90 days using the target.

I guess it hard to believe that a grown, 5'11 165 lb man who says he has started a lifting program amongst whatever else you're doing is maintaining on that amount of calories. Unless something isn't square.

But whatever works for you.

Also keep in mind muscle makes you appear full/round/harder and bigger than you really are.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

I also don't understand why it isn't "cool" that my calorie maintenance is where it is. I suspect that MFP calculated the maintenance level about correctly as I am maintaining my weight for 90 days using the target. And, again, I am likely underestimating my calories in as I try to estimate the calories in roughly (I mean, it is based on the food I am eating but I eat a lot of home made meals so there are a lot of estimates). But I am probably underestimating consistently enough that it does not matter for the overall goal.

I did mean the whole HUGE/SKINNY ideal as a joke. It is likely that we have different ideals. I might have to find a picture of my goals - but lets say I'm not looking to be action star large.

And, well, my wife has her own issues - basically she would like me not to weigh less than she does for her own psychological reasons - I believe that is the main driver in her wanting me not to weigh less than I do today. Sure, there might be other issues as well - psychology is complicated.

Thanks all for the help - it is off to eating more and lifting more.

Glad you've made that decision. 2100 is NOT maintenance for you--maybe 2100 NET but I am 100% confident that with your activity level you would need more to maintain.