"Friend" Etiquette?

Options
2»

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I randomly delete half my friends every few weeks or so (not really).
  • krazyally
    Options
    It's not rude. Just one push of a button and bye bye annoying person....lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Was there a contract? :tongue: :wink:
    Do you not recall signing on? C'mon now.
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    unfriend if necessary! people will get over it, if they notice... after all, most likely you'll never see them in "real" life and hopefully you can both reach your goals on MFP without internet drama :)
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I think the honest thing to say is - it is rude, but it's your life. Sometimes you have to do things that other people don't like for your own best interest. If someone is annoying you, delete them. It is rude...so maybe they'll get the picture (that they are annoying) before they are deleted by all their friends!! Be a friend and help this person out - delete!

By the way, I feel totally comfortable saying this, as I was deleted once...by a guy who friended me because he thought I was "hot," but then he found out I was married and didn't want "hot" married friends, only "hot" single friends. It kinda' hurt my feelings because he was a totally supportive friend, but I totally moved on in like 1 second because it truly is his life and he has every right to only have single friends support him!! Good luck, and don't OVER-think. However, I like the fact that you thought about it first. It shows your sensitive side. :wink:
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just got deleted by someone that has been my friend on here since I started in March. I log in daily, comment on his posts once or twice a week but I guess that wasnt enough. I guess some people are too needy and need more attention. However if someone is pissing you off or annoying you then I say delete them.
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was a "delete" button for those annoying people that you have to deal with in person?
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If you delete them you erase them from existence.
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was a "delete" button for those annoying people that you have to deal with in person?

ha! At least an ignor button or something huh! :)
  • dg730
    dg730 Posts: 62
    Options
    You aren't obligated to do anything. This is just me, but when people explain I find it more annoying than if they didn't.

agreed