Does Burning Fat Actually Feel Like Burning?

Options

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I've had this very same sensation when on my elliptical machine...
    Its like this.... Oxygen (feel the oxygen into my lungs) Burn (stomach felt warm and burning-ish) & Water water, drinking the water (flushing out the fat)

Burning and flushing and oxygen....
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    wear water resistant sunscreen
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am going to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out how you managed to work your abs on an elliptical.

It's pretty easy actually. If you are rotating your arms with your body and holding y our core tight you will feel it in your abs after awhile.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    :noway:
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well my body heat rises and according to Leslie Sanson....that is starting the burning process. Plus when you do a good cardio work out over 30-45 minutes, your body continue to "burn fat" for a few hours after your workout. It's a good feeling actually.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Its like this.... Oxygen (feel the oxygen into my lungs) Burn (stomach felt warm and burning-ish) & Water water, drinking the water (flushing out the fat)

tigerpalm.jpg

Exactly how does water "flush out fat?" (Hint, it doesn't.)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    When I go to hell for laughing so hard at this will the burning sensation be fat burning?
  • sjohnny
    Options

tigerpalm.jpg

Exactly how does water "flush out fat?" (Hint, it doesn't.)

Wouldn't water put out the fire and stop any fat burning that was happening at that point?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Well my body heat rises and according to Leslie Sanson....that is starting the burning process. Plus when you do a good cardio work out over 30-45 minutes, your body continue to "burn fat" for a few hours after your workout. It's a good feeling actually.
    Actually, your body burns fat 24 hours a day, not just when you work out or a few hours after.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Actually, your body burns fat 24 hours a day, not just when you work out or a few hours after.

Except for when you're sleeping. You're whole body pretty much shuts down when you sleep - heart stops beating, respiration stops, etc.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

And unless you have a fever, your core temperature is not rising.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to any of these rude people. Of course it means you're burning fat, and stoking the fire of your metabolism. Way to get fired up for your ellipticizing!
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to any of these rude people. Of course it means you're burning fat, and stoking the fire of your metabolism. Way to get fired up for your ellipticizing!

^^This!!! Geesh...Some people! :grumble:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    So, I was doing my elliptical training and I decided to push myself to the full 30 minutes in one go. Around minute 20 my stomach actually started to burn. Not like my actual stomach, but I guess my ab muscles?
    They continued to burn until I stopped at 30 minutes, at which point I felt like I was going to pass out and stopped.

My question is, was the burning sensation I was feeling actually fat burning? Or is that just an expression?

Absolutely!! You can smell it burning too. It kind of smells like homemade waffles made with cinnamon and walnuts cooking in grandma's kitchen, it's awesome. Although I overate sushi Sunday night so my Monday morning burn at the gym was unpleasant.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    So, I was doing my elliptical training and I decided to push myself to the full 30 minutes in one go. Around minute 20 my stomach actually started to burn. Not like my actual stomach, but I guess my ab muscles?
    They continued to burn until I stopped at 30 minutes, at which point I felt like I was going to pass out and stopped.

My question is, was the burning sensation I was feeling actually fat burning? Or is that just an expression?

Absolutely!! You can smell it burning too. It kind of smells like homemade waffles made with cinnamon and walnuts cooking in grandma's kitchen, it's awesome. Although I overate sushi Sunday night so my Monday morning burn at the gym was unpleasant.
    Hahaha :heart:
    fish smell....ewwww.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Hahaha :heart:
    fish smell....ewwww.

At least that fish was raw before his metabolic fire started cooking it. The precooked fish that you eat just smells like burned fish when you metaboburn it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    metaboburn

This is going to find a way into my everyday vocabulary. Thank you.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    metaboburn

This is going to find a way into my everyday vocabulary. Thank you.

My work is done here.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

And unless you have a fever, your core temperature is not rising.

Your core temperature can rise while working out. You don't have to have a fever for this to happen.