Sooo cooking is an 'exercise'....

Options
But sex isn't! How come?

Sometimes i spend just as much time upstairs as i do in the kitchen and certainly break more of a sweat!

Perhaps i should log it as more belly-dancing!

Replies

• AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    haha saw that yesterday too, there is some crazy stuff in the exercise list....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    log sex as "walking the dog, 2.5 mph" like the rest of us do
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Totally this! lolz!!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    wait... thats the code? haha I put it down as horse back riding... although I dont generally log it, I feel its part of day to day life.. which is why I dont log walking while I'm doing my food shopping, or cleaning (unless its that once in a while sort of clean like the garage) or doing the grout clean or something
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I thought I was meant to log it as dancing. Wrong again!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Pshsh. I think I once even came across some logging 'Driving' as an exercise. -_-
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Ryan, you make a great point. I burn more calories during sex than cooking (or at least that's what my hrm says ;) ) lol
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I made a custom exercise and call it "stuff"
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    I don't think it's speaking of the "everyday" dinner cooking - like a marathon Thanksgiving cooking..
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    For some people, cooking is no big deal and they wouldn't dream of logging as exercise. For some, it is a big change from their usual level of movement or it is difficult to stand that long, and for them it represents an unusual amount of effort expended.

I log sex as walking. Secret's out!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options

:laugh: You know I'm going to be looking for you to be logging that now, right??? :wink:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

Now this makes me look at my 40s+ ladies in a whole new light, as many of them 'walk the dog' every day! lol
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    Some people will log every single thing they do as exercise (which is sort of self-defeating in the long run)- driving, walking (in the parking lot, etc), showering. I think it should only be logged if it get's your heart rate into the cardio zone and holds it there. Cooking doesn't do this...sex does. That being said...I've wondered for a long time why that isn't in the database...maybe because there are forms of sex that burn way more calories than others... Fifty Shades of Grey vs. Trying to stay quiet while the kids are sleeping in the next bed in the hotel room.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I log the cooking marathons I do during the winter. 4 pots of soup, a roast and a batch of cookies and I'm WIPED. I do not log the 20 minutes or so I do every evening when I'm helping my husband put dinner together.
  • DavPul
    Options
    wait... thats the code? haha I put it down as horse back riding... although I dont generally log it, I feel its part of day to day life.. which is why I dont log walking while I'm doing my food shopping, or cleaning (unless its that once in a while sort of clean like the garage) or doing the grout clean or something

Come on Ruby, we know you don't really have a horse.

plus, who would go all the way to the stables just to ride a horse for 2 minutes? :happy:
  • DavPul
    Options

:laugh: You know I'm going to be looking for you to be logging that now, right??? :wink:

Who? Me? :blushing:
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Geez! No wonder everyone "walks" so often!!! :laugh:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

Now this makes me look at my 40s+ ladies in a whole new light, as many of them 'walk the dog' every day! lol

and for HOURS too!
  • jpbeck
    jpbeck Posts: 30
    Options
    Sometimes when I cook I dance in the kitchen. :) Wonder if I should count that?

Naaa...lol