Sooo cooking is an 'exercise'....

Options

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    In another thread it was mentioned someone logging mowing lawn as exercise, even though it'd been done on a ride-on. HMMM...

and riding a motorcycle apparently. The argument was that keeping on the machine through the wind required effort.

Having a crap can require effort, but I wouldn't log that in my burning calories tab.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I thought I was meant to log it as dancing. Wrong again!

^^^ :blushing:
  • melsmith612
    Options
    But sex isn't! How come?

Sometimes i spend just as much time upstairs as i do in the kitchen and certainly break more of a sweat!

Perhaps i should log it as more belly-dancing!

Cooking's most likely been stuck in the database by members.

Personally, I do not class it as exercise.

I only log cooking if I'm making something that's much more time consuming than usual.... same with cleaning, I log when I run around the house sucking up all of the cobwebs in unusual corners and moving furniture around to do it but not when I take 3 minutes to clean the toilet bowl.

I really think that sex should be in the database... it's the same as cooking or cleaning, sometimes you put in some extra effort and really break a sweat! :laugh:
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I actually googled the amount of calories burned during sex and added it in my MFP exercise list as "the nasty" so it read "Melissa burned x amount of calories doing the nasty". It was disappointing in how little it burned...though...perhaps it was just with that person :drinker:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    When I log riding my horse every day for 30 minutes that really IS what I'm doing. Honestly. :blushing:
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    log sex as "walking the dog, 2.5 mph" like the rest of us do

Okay THAT was funny!!! :-D
  • melsmith612
    Options
    I actually googled the amount of calories burned during sex and added it in my MFP exercise list as "the nasty" so it read "Melissa burned x amount of calories doing the nasty". It was disappointing in how little it burned...though...perhaps it was just with that person :drinker:

If it didn't seem like enough calories then you picked the wrong link from Google, try another with a higher count next time. :laugh:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    wait... thats the code? haha I put it down as horse back riding... although I dont generally log it, I feel its part of day to day life.. which is why I dont log walking while I'm doing my food shopping, or cleaning (unless its that once in a while sort of clean like the garage) or doing the grout clean or something

"Tips hat" Howdy Cowgirl lol
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    But sex isn't! How come?

Sometimes i spend just as much time upstairs as i do in the kitchen and certainly break more of a sweat!

Yeah...but, how many calories are you actually burning in two to three minutes? :bigsmile:
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Oh man, I walk the dog a LOT! Now my MFP friends think I'm a freak! :blushing:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Just make sure you wear your HRM whilst you WALK that dog!!!!!! :smokin:
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have never logged cooking as exercise. I usually don't log cleaning as exercise. But, I am this week because I normally don't do the kind of cleaning I am doing this week. I am doing a good fall cleaning. Going through every closet and room cleaning and decluttering everything. I don't log it as many hours as I am doing. But, I will log it as about 2 hours (when I am spending about 6 hours).
    When I do every day cleaning, I don't log it!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think the only time I'd log cooking, is if I was working for a fast-paced chef like Gordom Ramsay haha.. That kinda cooking! As for ''walking the dog'' I don't think I've ever logged that lol :laugh: :blushing:
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm take my HRM to The Man's this weekend. I'm going to log it as 'wifely duty'...
  • MsEnda
    MsEnda Posts: 1
    Options
    Sex is definitely a way to burn calories. Woman's Day has an article titled "8 Sexy Ways to Burn Calories". Everyone should check it out because it has some very interesting information.

Copy and paste this url:
    http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923

Enjoy!!!
  • tigerlily_82
    tigerlily_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I work as a line cook and it's not all standing and chopping! I work up to 14 hours without breaks (illegal, yeah I know but the bills have to get paid so...) running back and forth to each station cooking for over 200 people an hour at times. Not to mention runningbck into the coolers to carry heavy trays and boxes up to the kitchen when I need more food to cook. It's gruelling actually and I leave there feeling like a 90 year old woman. I have logged it as exercise but not too often because I consider it part of my normal routine. I only log exercise when I make the effort to do someting other than my normal daily activities.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I log it as low impact aerobics .... as for cooking I log baking because that is a lot of hard work! :wink:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I log it as low impact aerobics .... as for cooking I log baking because that is a lot of hard work! :wink:

High Impact Baby lol, sorry couldn't resist
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    But sex isn't! How come?

It depends.....

If you are spooning something out of a crockpot, that doesn't burn very many calories. And if the sex is a "hurry up while the kids are outside" and lasts less than 5 minutes, then it isn't burning very much either.

However, it is entirely possible to burn lots of calories from either activity. And to me, anything that isn't sitting down and watching TV or looking at a computer screen is a form of exercise.