I got called an old grandma while running.

Options
A kid about the age of 7 called me this! I hate to admit it, but it really has me rialed up! Here I was in spandex with shorts over it, a long sleeved black shirt, turquoise tshirt, and sorty Nikes to match, and I'm out running my 29 year old running partner, and not a gray hair uncolored on my head, and she sees me as an old grandma! Grrr. I'm 47 and my youngest is ten, oldest is fifteen! I will have to just get over it, but I still needed to rant!

Replies

• Vicstar1977
    Options
    Kids at 7 think 25 is old. I wouldnt worry :-)
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Really what does a 7 year old know, bet you he calls his mom grandma haha, now if it was a woman your age calling you grandma I'd punch her in the head--"Who you callin' grandma?!"
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I would of replied "that hilarious coming from a five year old"...
    kids hate it when you think they are younger than they are,
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    When I was 7, I thought 18 was old.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    well think about it. Her mother could have been like 17 having her. So her mom is 24, grandma is your age. I'm 41 and I would be like ughhh too. Something to think about.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You care about the opinion of a bratty 7-year old?

For real?

They think 20 is old, for crying out loud.

Also, they're SEVEN. :-P You can't ignore a 7-year old?
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    This, my nearly 7 year old things i'm really old, i'm 25. Can't really take what kids say personally.
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Kids say stupid things all the time. They're too young to have an opinion which is why they're not allowed to vote.

At work I got called by one of the 20 year olds "the coolest old person I know". WTF. I'm 28 (I was 27 at the time?!)

You'll spend the rest of your day thinking of all the awesome things you could have said in reply. But I know what you mean about one person's comment ruining your day!!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been called fatty by some kid on a school bus. Punks!!!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You look younger than I do. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I did crack up while reading this, however I feel your pain. Kids are such stupid little @$$holes!
    You look awesome and remember, not everyone can run at 47 or even 17. So keep at it! Next time bring a big stick to beat that kid over the head. Just kidding, don't do that ;)
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Tell the kid anytime he wants to race you, it's on!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    It's not the end of the world. I've played the age guess game with my students on my birthday before (the year I turned 30) I had the following guesses...
    REALLY old like a grandma, you know like 25.
    REALLY old, I bet you're 18 already.
    Super old, like really old, like 90
    Not too old, only 75, and that's younger than my grandpa.
    Like in your 40s, like a jaguar or a bob cat or something (I think he was aiming for cougar)
    Your just really young still, like 51, (from my teacher's pet)

I've also been asked THIS question: What were things like when you were a kid, when the world was black and white? How did they get the color in the world?
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    i think you are beautiful ...and kids are dumb! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    That kid is a 2nd grader, tops. If it was a college student, I'd be a little more worried. But an elementary school kid? Hardly worth a second thought.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    how do you think I felt when this happened - I'm about 52 at the time, struggling trying to do a speed walk uphill, not overweight at the time, and gray hair granny zips by me with ease - running her gramma as off. i was actually angry with her.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You should have stuck your tongue out at him/her and ran on. Don't let some little brat get you down.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 with a 4 year old and an 8 month old. It freaks me out when I see people I went to school with have multiple grandchildren older than my kids.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I would of replied "that hilarious coming from a five year old"...
    kids hate it when you think they are younger than they are,

i love this my nieces and nephews are in there teen the oldest is going to 17 in febuary i'm 20 years her senior we speak a complet different language silly thing is we only know english. its the lingo. i feel old but i guess i spoke differently then my elders when i was her age.
  • happythermia
    Options

For real! I thought 30 was 'adult age'

Um...I'm 31 and I totally don't feel like an adult.