is cardio alone enough?

Options
124»

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Cardio only and no eating back will probably lead to skinny fat thats where I am now and I kind of hate it. I don't like lifting much for different reasons mostly because my gym is ALWAYS packed and you have to get in line to use different weigh machnes...maybe you can do something like 30 day shred or some other exercise at home video? I'm looking for one that you can use to strenth train at home
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sorry your cousin died....that's horrible.

But a personal trainer can't tell you what your heart can handle. MILLIONS of people strength train without a personal trainer.

Totally agree. I'm sorry about your cousin, but ANYTHING can be dangerous. People die doing cardio. People die falling in the bathtub. Life is fragile. Don't let one horrible extreme example cloud your vision. :heart:

Strength training has improved my quality of life, not just my body shape. I used to be weak and accident prone. I'd throw out my back several times a year. I have a fast collection of wrist braces, knee braces, ace bandages, etc from all the times I hurt myself. I haven't had ANY problems since strength training, and I've done things like carry an 80 pound television down a flight of steps.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Sorry your cousin died....that's horrible.

But a personal trainer can't tell you what your heart can handle. MILLIONS of people strength train without a personal trainer.

Totally agree. I'm sorry about your cousin, but ANYTHING can be dangerous. People die doing cardio. People die falling in the bathtub. Life is fragile. Don't let one horrible extreme example cloud your vision. :heart:

Strength training has improved my quality of life, not just my body shape. I used to be weak and accident prone. I'd throw out my back several times a year. I have a fast collection of wrist braces, knee braces, ace bandages, etc from all the times I hurt myself. I haven't had ANY problems since strength training, and I've done things like carry an 80 pound television down a flight of steps.

Agreed. People die. You've linked his death to lifting thro a basic human psychology thinking where you think A naturally leads to B. That lifting = death. The reality is A probably leads to C, a pre-existing condition. The likelihood is a congenital defect or pre-existing condition that happened to occur around the same time as his death. I've never had a PT either, and its far from dangerous! Lots of research and reading and bob is your uncle.

15809555_6539.jpg

After all you wouldn't jump in a car and drive at 150km/h would you?