My body is changing, slowly but surely (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• wishiwerefit
    Options
    Wow. Same problem here. How long did it take? What exactly did u do.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wow....nice ! You can definately tell a big difference and that you have been working hard. Good job! I am in my 2nd wk of NROWL4W! Love it too!!!!
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! You look great! Much more like an athlete now!
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    looking good...keep it up!
  • gabrriela
    gabrriela Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow. Same problem here. How long did it take? What exactly did u do.

Hey, wishiwerefit! This was about a 7 month process, but I've no doubt you could see results like this in significantly less time. Between March and now I got married and was going crazy with wedding planning - I hardly exercised at all but tried to eat as healthy as possible. After marriage we were busy trying to settle into our new lives together, so a little more exercising, a lot more eating healthy and eating less (tight budget).

But basically, I just watch what I eat and try to eat balanced every day. I drink a lot of liquids (just water and tea after my morning coffee with whole milk). As for exercise, I have to follow a program rather than come up with my own workout otherwise I won't be disciplined so at first I did bits of insanity here and there, lots of walking/cardio, the 30 day shred and mostly the Maker's Diet (taught to me by my husband). But now I've discovered lifting (book New Rules of Lifting for Women) and LOVE it more than anything I've done before, so I'm sticking to that.

Hope that helps!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    great work!!
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you look amazing well done!! nice to see you still have your curves aswell :smile:
  • gabrriela
    Options
    you look amazing well done!! nice to see you still have your curves aswell :smile:

Girl, my waist to hip ratio is CRAZY. I don't know that that will ever change! But thank you very much for your kind words!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oooh! Look at those muscles! Fabulous job, woman!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Gabriela, you look great! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your success!
  • ncorkett
    ncorkett Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    All I can say is "WOW!" You look amazing. Keep up the hard work.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing! i'm the same height and trying to get to 130....wondering what all you eat to get in 2000 calories!! I struggled yesterday with getting in 1700. :/
  • ssmlnmcjm
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!:smile:
  • gabrriela
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL SO NICE! Thank you!
    wow you look amazing! i'm the same height and trying to get to 130....wondering what all you eat to get in 2000 calories!! I struggled yesterday with getting in 1700. :/

aarilynn, I'm on the fly so here's my off-the-top-of-my-head answer: I actually probably average most days on 1600... it's hard to go against the "eat less!" mentality that I feel has been so engrained in me and in others! But protein is my best friend. I love Muscle Milk light with whole milk and fruit. This serves as my post workout shake, but also my quick breakfast on many rushed days. I also add more condiments to things; Kashi pizza with extra veggies on top + olive oil once baked (sometimes extra cheese and lots of mushrooms); eggs with cheese; salads with avocado + olive oil; yogurt with fruits, cereals and granola all together.... so I say protein is my friend, but I also looove eating good fats!

Edit: * also should add that I snack heavy, not light. I pick up a banana/apple/berries every now and then, but I LOVE me some peanut butter [on anything or by the spoonful] to snack on, and nuts! Lots of raw almonds! And I also snack at least 4x a week on a protein bar (my favorite is Cliff's builders peanut butter and chocolate, so good! and it satisfies my sweets cravings without making me feel like I just totally spoiled the day).

Hope this helps!
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL SO NICE! Thank you!

aarilynn, I'm on the fly so here's my off-the-top-of-my-head answer: I actually probably average most days on 1600... it's hard to go against the "eat less!" mentality that I feel has been so engrained in me and in others! But protein is my best friend. I love Muscle Milk light with whole milk and fruit. This serves as my post workout shake, but also my quick breakfast on many rushed days. I also add more condiments to things; Kashi pizza with extra veggies on top + olive oil once baked (sometimes extra cheese and lots of mushrooms); eggs with cheese; salads with avocado + olive oil; yogurt with fruits, cereals and granola all together.... so I say protein is my friend, but I also looove eating good fats!

Edit: * also should add that I snack heavy, not light. I pick up a banana/apple/berries every now and then, but I LOVE me some peanut butter [on anything or by the spoonful] to snack on, and nuts! Lots of raw almonds! And I also snack at least 4x a week on a protein bar (my favorite is Cliff's builders peanut butter and chocolate, so good! and it satisfies my sweets cravings without making me feel like I just totally spoiled the day).

Hope this helps!

Yes, like others I'm currently trying to break out of the horrible habit of thinking I need to eat less to get my body to where I want it to, it has not been easy esp. when you try to eat clean. :/ I'm trying to get my net up above 1200 everyday. My goal is to net 1450. You've been helpful! I eat pretty similar. I haven't really picked up a protein bar in a while, but I may need to.Lately I've been trying to cut down on carbs thinking that was my problem and I've also cut down on fruit, but it's encouraging to know that you didn't cut these foods out and still got to where your at!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!