11 hour trip menu help

Options
So, I am going on an 11 hour trip as a chaperone. No fridge, microwave or coolers. Must carry everything through the city streets and in and out of historic sites, so must be light and portable. Any ideas on lunch and snacks? Also, since I cannot drink much that day, not only are they bulky but bathrooms breaks will be limited and spaced far apart, I am afraid I am going to be extra hungry. Ideas?

Replies

• happypath101
    Options
    Boy, that's a tough one. I would definately bring whole unsalted almonds and a little good dark chocolate. Apples and cheese would be good too.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Costco has some Turkey Jerky that is low fat, good protein
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    never heard of turkey jerky, but not a big fan or any jerky. Thanks for the ideas though!
  • cartoonfruit
    Options
    snacks: healthy muesli bars, trail mix, jerky, fruit, dried fruit

lunch: simple salad and meat, or nut butters and fruit, wrap or sandwich

I hope this gives you some ideas.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Boy, that's a tough one. I would definately bring whole unsalted almonds and a little good dark chocolate. Apples and cheese would be good too.

My thoughts exactly. Plus it is almost season for those tiny oranges - if you are walking around these are easy hydration that you can work off and at least for me they don't send me looking for a bathroom as often as a big bottle of water.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I consider carrots & celery or any type of fruit (except bananas & grapes) good whether they are cold or not & they wouldn't take up much room.

I say no to the bananas & grapes because they would get smashed in a backpack or purse.

Good Luck.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas :happy: