Sugar Free or Fat Free?

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would honestly go with neither! It sounded weird to me at first bt sugar free is full of fat, and fat free is full of sugar. so its best just to use skim milk, soy milk or just a smaller amount of normal creamer. I switch out between normal creamer and soy milk. The vanilla soy tastes good with the coffee.

you are very pretty
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I know it is fake food, but I happen to love Coffemate Hazelnut creamer. The calories add up fast, so I first switched to fat free and I ended up using more of it to get the same flavor and lightness. Then they came out with sugar free. I LOVE it. The calories are very low, it tastes just like the regular and there isn't much fat in it. I don't have to use more of it like the fat free version, and since I am eating pretty much sugar free, it fits in well with my regimen.

Other wise, I eat pretty clean. But I do keep my Sugar-free Hazelnut coffee as my one indulgence.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would honestly go with neither! It sounded weird to me at first bt sugar free is full of fat, and fat free is full of sugar. so its best just to use skim milk, soy milk or just a smaller amount of normal creamer. I switch out between normal creamer and soy milk. The vanilla soy tastes good with the coffee.

This. I'm hearing a lot now that if it's lower in fat, they add sugar or salt to help with taste. If it's lower in sodium and sugar, it's higher in fat. Also, I hate when they say that there's no added sugar to a food, or that it's lower sugar, and then you read the label and find out they added sweetner. I have to read the labels of yogurts and other foods carefully because sweetners don't agree with my taste buds.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Both will probably kill you - go for the one that tastes best! :drinker:
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    depends on what beliefs you subscribe to or what you're doing with your diet.

personally I'd do something with fat but no sugar. like heavy cream.

right now I put coconut oil in my coffee and tea. fats are great for me, but I don't take in sugar first thing in the morning.

this^^ .. Heavy whipping cream. It's sugarless, it's carb-free, and you don't need much.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Neither, they're both fake foods. I'd go with milk.

This ^^^
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Someone makes a creamer with stevia? Who?
  • navig8tor49
    navig8tor49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had the same dilemma so I mix them together. I only use about 3 TBS in the morning anyway because of the content. I like the taste of liquid creamer verses skim milk in my coffee. I dont use the powder I saw it go up in flames. Have a Blessed Day
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Which one tastes better?
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Fat free for sure. the fat free means something natural is taken out of it. But sugar free is a synthetic ingredient. Have you ever noticed that they don't seem to have things that are both fat free and sugar free?
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Fully Agree!! Your body truly doesn't metabolize "fake" or "artificial" stuff .. even those sweeteners. Your body can naturally metabolize fat and sugar found in normal proportions .. however, reducing intake of either is a good choice for sure. Fat converts to sugars in your body .. and sugar converts to fat .. .. sugar is definitely empty calories :sad: (I'm a sugar hound .. in my tea/coffee and love my regular Mt. Dew) .. however .. not so much into sweets otherwise such as doughnuts, cakes, pies, candies.

I go for 86%-90% dark chocolate .. maybe one or 2 squares at the most .. :-)
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    If you're going to drink the coffee, and you want creamer use it. Skim your calories and fat and sugar off elsewhere in your diet. A cup of coffee with a serving of creamer isn't going to kill you nor make you fat if you adjust for it elsewhere.
  • sarahgaye
    sarahgaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yup. Neither. Organic half and half.

Yum to this! I also add the occasional raw sugar cube or two, if you want flavour you can add an extract or something.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    201887995766015543_7TvqUbce_c.jpg
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    hahah id take the cream over the sugar, haha. But going with milk and sweetner is probly better.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    201887995766015543_7TvqUbce_c.jpg

hahah SO TRUE!!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    ^^ this ^^
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Fully Agree!! Your body truly doesn't metabolize "fake" or "artificial" stuff .. even those sweeteners.

Aspartame is metabolized into aspartic acid, phenylalanine (these are amino acids found in chicken and fruit) and methanol. Stevia passes through your stomach undigested.

Neither of these items are harmful at reasonable doses. For Stevia I'd stay under 4mg/kg, for aspartame it's insanely high.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Neither. I vote option C. The real stuff.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Chocolate hemp milk FTW!