They aren't reasons, they're excuses

Options
13»

Replies

• RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I read this rant, and got to the last line, and had this image in my head of the OP's face turning really red, then passing out mid-sentence. Is that what happened?

Funny!

Yep ????
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    julieh391, why is it wrong to use cleaning as a cardio exercise? I work up a good sweat doing it. Moving furniture, vacuuming, and mopping are pretty good workouts.

I agree. I clean every week but when I CLEAN...like get down on my hands and knees clean I log it. I don't do it very often and when I do I want to see how many calories I burned.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't need to defend my fast food. If I'm going to eat it, I'm going to eat it. I don't need a defense for that.

I think you need to take a deep breath. I understand it's frustrating but why does it bother you so much? Their problems are their problems, your problems are your problems. Their making excuses doesn't directly challenge your position so why let it get under your skin?

Unless you're self reflecting and getting frustrated because you too have a lot of excuses for why you can't succeed?
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can't stand excuses. I don't mind when people post about their day or how they messed up, as long as they own it. It's important to accept your mistakes so you can move on. Don't post about how "I had to eat XXX and went over", post about "I'm so disappointed in myself for going over today. Will do better tomorrow".
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don’t come to MFP to listen to people make excuses about why they are not willing to or too busy to help their friends, especially if those same friend have helped and supported you. Man up.

This. If you're going to unfriend someone, just do it. Don't publicly whine about them and defend your actions to people who don't know you or the people you unfriended.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I unfriend anyone that doesn't fit into how I do things. I was friends with one girl who ate 400 calories a day and would lose 6-9lbs per week. It was gross. Gone! I've unfriended tons of people who rarely log, are constantly over, use cleaning as their only form of exercise, whine, etc. I don't feel bad about it. I'm sure people have unfriended me for different things too. Do what ya gotta do.

though I know these kinds have mental struggles and need "help"...I delete them too. I really can not deal with a crazy girl binging and purging and crying about being fat when she is a pole and eating under 800 cals. If i catch these types on my bud list, they get eliminated.

though, I'm not quite as strict with the others, just the severe ones. I know I have been dropped, so its kinda whatever. ppl got the right.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If they read this they'll probably unfriend you and you won't have to worry about it anymore. But if not, and it bothers you so much, why don't you unfriend them?
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    julieh391, why is it wrong to use cleaning as a cardio exercise? I work up a good sweat doing it. Moving furniture, vacuuming, and mopping are pretty good workouts.

Meh. I don't count it. If I did it while I was gaining, it's not helping me lose. And things like mopping and vacuuming are factored into my "lighty active" status. I also chase kids around all day, but I wouldn't log "chasing kids." It's just part of my day. Maybe I'd do things differently if I were set to sedentary.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love this a lottttt.