What 1 healthy/diet food are you most sick of?

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    lettuce. I pretty much didn't want it even when I started this. Therefore, I don't eat it. Blech.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I can't eat Kashi products either! I feel like I might as well just eat the cardboard box it came in!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone that said boneless skinless chicken breast lol

That is funny because every time I saw someone post it, I keep thinking how boneless breasts are the most versatile food, right up there with ground beef. I cut them in cubes and stir fry it then add it to all kinds of things from salad to tacos to Chinese and everything in between. I get tired of ground beef quicker than boneless chicken.

My problem is finding ways to cook chicken leg quarters.:laugh:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Generally, nothing.

But I go through love/hate cycles with oatmeal. I get really burned out eating it sometimes, so I have to rotate it with other things.
    I can't eat Kashi products either! I feel like I might as well just eat the cardboard box it came in!
    ^^ And YES! Personally, I don't think Kashi is as healthy as it is convenient. But on top of that, every product of theirs I have tried tastes like crap.
  • mindyourbeeswax
    Options
    Water! Its boring!
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Because of having to fly to my work assignment for the past two weeks and this next week, I'm having to eat out 2-3 meals a day. Basically one of the only things I can make work with the few calories I have, and still have enough for an afternoon snack, is grilled chicken salad or chicken breast and veggies. I now gag at the though and will have to be super creative this week. I cant choke down another chicken salad *shudder* but there's only so many things one can pack into a suitcase or carry on.
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm pretty darn sick of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.

Never!!!!
    It will always find a way to my stomach.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

Pretty much this.....

And water. God I hate water.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You guys just need new recipes.

Why does no one eat the chicken thigh?
  • horses7777
    Options
    Mine too. I don't believe that by seasoning them differently they taste totally different....it still tastes like boneless, skinless, chicken, of which I am heartily tired of eating.
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites....(gag)
  • far1run9
    Options
    CARROTS!!!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of cottage cheese .. i keep buying it because I know i really should eat it but I always end up throwing it away !
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I go through swings.... weeks of yogurt then I have to have a break, or bananas... Its hard to find decent produce in little towns in the middle of hicksville america. Right now the apples are in season but because of this summers drought, the prices are HIGH!! I try to mix it up, but still can get bored. I have a kind of low budget sometimes so I buy little meat. I eat lots of eggs, and can get sick of them fast!! lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You guys just need new recipes.

Why does no one eat the chicken thigh?

The thighs are my favorite! I pull the skins off before I cook them though. It saves like a hundred calories and doesn't change the flavor of the meat.

Chicken has been my favorite meat ever since I was little. :tongue:
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean Original

I make myself eat it, though, because it keeps me full forever. For some reason, the stuff keeps me from going binge mode. I guess it has a next to perfect protein and fiber ratio, because I can't find another cereal that's even palatable that does the same thing. Like there is no other cereal that doesn't have so much insoluble fiber that my stomach just empties out in a hurry, and simultaneously has enough protein for the carbs not to turn into sludge within the hour.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    lettuce....any kind:(

Have you tried lettuce wraps?
    OH YUM!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

How are you cooking it? I could NEVER get sick of chicken, there are so many countless ways to prepare it. A lot of them are healthy, too, like cubed chicken in indian tikka masala. Soooo delicious, and fairly low cal, if you go easy on the oil and sub the cream with skim milk.

Try looking for different chicken breast recipes online, and branch out of your comfort zone.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything that I don't like! I am in this for the long haul, so I only eat foods that I like to eat.
  • msmarieann
    Options
    I feel for you all. I really do. Why are you eating things you don't like?

If no one else has told you, let me tell you right now - treat yourself and switch that mutha up!!

The only thing that I tried that physically made me ill and put me off coffee for a bit - Starbucks sugar free syrups. OMG that stuff is VILE!!!!!!! I just wanted to puke. Now I can't drink coffee, it just reminds me of the sugar free caramel.

*gag*

I try to avoid soy, fad diets, anything that tells me to eat a disproportionate amount of meat, anything that involves the word "Cleanse", potato chips, IKEA on weekends and people who dress up as zombies for fun.

Anyway, I'm doing my best to use my food background to put out some mind blowing low cal recipes on my blog. I've gotta lose weight for the new season of my show. I want it to be sustainable, so I'm using everything I got to make this party fun!

PS - Vodka Soda with a twist of lime is my fav "diet" bar drink - 64 calories. Which is awesome because losing weight isn't about hating the experience, just about spending your calories wisely. And for me, last night, that involved 3 vodka sodas and a whopper at 2am.