Quick protein heavy breakfast options

2»

Replies

• LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Protein shake, Oats w/protein or Greek Yogurt w/fruit are my go-to's.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Hmm...I get up at 4:30am each day and come home at ~7:30pm...and I still cook breakfast and prep meals for myself each morning...Just saying, you can do it to.

High protein breakfast? Well have you got some protein powder? Try 2 scoops, half a mug full of ice, .5 cup milk, some natural PB, and maybe some coaco powder. That's simple and effective.

However if you want to do things right. 6 eggs, 3 yolks, 4oz smoked ham, reggiano cheese. Whip it into an omelet. Takes only a couple minutes longer than the shake.

Listen to this ^ guy! He knows his stuff. Just look at him, he's dieseled!!!

Looking at a "dieseled man" does not suddenly turn one into a morning person. :laugh: :laugh:

Oh it does me! I'm an early morning person too! I get up as early as 4 sometimes.. I generally state between 4-5 a.m.! I'm all about that guy! :blushing: (ok .. that was way forward for me .. lol)
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Best filling thing for me is 2 hard boiled eggs and 1/4 cup of almonds. Lots of good fats and protein. I usually have them as a mid-morning snack but it's so filling that I could easily move it to being a breakfast. Hard boil the eggs the night before. I actually do mine in the oven: put the eggs in a muffin tin and cook for 25-30 mins at 325 degrees. Comes out perfect!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    You can scramble eggs in the microwave in a coffee mug. Not as good as cooking them the other way but definitely easier and quicker than the stove top
  • whey protein or even just skim milk
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    1. Mothers oats . In a bowl combine 1/3 cup oats and 2/3 cup water. Microwave 90 sec, add walnuts for protein.
    2. Greek yogurt
    3. Hard boiled eggs
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Hmm...I get up at 4:30am each day and come home at ~7:30pm...and I still cook breakfast and prep meals for myself each morning...Just saying, you can do it to.

High protein breakfast? Well have you got some protein powder? Try 2 scoops, half a mug full of ice, .5 cup milk, some natural PB, and maybe some coaco powder. That's simple and effective.

However if you want to do things right. 6 eggs, 3 yolks, 4oz smoked ham, reggiano cheese. Whip it into an omelet. Takes only a couple minutes longer than the shake.

Looking at a "dieseled man" does not suddenly turn one into a morning person. :laugh: :laugh:

It certainly doesn't hurt. I'd get up early for a serving of that! :devil:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Protein shake, smoothie with Greek yogurt and fruits or veggies or both, cottage cheese. My favorites
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Chop up some onion and bell pepper and put in a baggie, put you some shredded cheese in a baggie. Put these baggies in an oversized coffee cup with 2 eggs (in the shell of course). AS soon as you roll out of bed get your coffee cup out of the fridge, crack your eggs into the coffee cup, mix your veggies and your cheese (stir it up real good). Nuke it for 1 minute, go pee, come back check your eggs, nuke it for another minute, go fix your hair, come back check your eggs. They should be done. Throw you a couple peices of low sodium bacon in the microwave, go throw on your clothes or do your make up, come back, check your bacon, go do something else, come back, check your bacon. When it is done, throw it in your coffee cup and head out the door. It should only take you about 5 minutes to make all of that, and it is good in fat and has good protein. Easy Cheesy.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Boil eggs ahead of time, pre-cooked bacon/sausage, yogurt. nuts, cheese, protein shake, or steak

This
  • jenn1270
    jenn1270 Posts: 4 Member
    OSTrim ostrich and beef sticks!
  • I like Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal :)
    1 cup with 1 cup 2% milk = 18 g. Protein
    You can add a banana to it or any other fruit or berries
    Yummy !!! Fills me up til lunch for sure
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    You dont have to get up early to cook an egg. It takes like 2 minutes.
  • Wow! Thanks for all the info!
    I'll try to get my palate used to the idea of hard boiled eggs. I've just never liked the texture.

I also like all the shake options. Those look yummy.

I'm trying to stay away from oatmeal and cereal if I can. I'm slowly getting used to the primal/paleo diet, so I'm trying to only do one meal with carbs a day, and it's tough when I use it on breakfast. But when I know I will be able to be paleo throughout the day, those oatmeal options sound delicious.

The Greek yogurt is GREAT! I love it, but that tends to be my middle of the day snack. Has anyone ever tried those cocoa or cinnamon roasted almonds? Crumbling those into yogurt is fantastic! The texture and taste is great.

As far as getting up earlier, it's all about setting goals that you know you can achieve over a period of time. I don't want to give myself a goal I know I'm going to eventually end up resenting.

Once again, thanks for everyone's advice. Glad this could be a useful topic! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member

Well, I would probably eat 1/3 max of his breakfast because it just seems enormous but I'm all for "dieseld men" :)
  • zanAspera
    zanAspera Posts: 29 Member
    You can scramble eggs in the microwave in a coffee mug. Not as good as cooking them the other way but definitely easier and quicker than the stove top

Hehe! I pretty much do this, but I throw in chicken Sausage mushrooms and veggies. scramble them with milk and eggs and nuke 3 minutes top it with cheese.. And a warm healthy breakfast. Though what I need to do is take spinach or potato slices to line a muffin tin, fill it up with the omlete stuff, bake and freeze it so on mornings when I'm running late (most of them these days) I can just pop one in and have a healthy psuedo-quiche.