pizza for dinner once in a while?

Options

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I usually eat pizza once a week still...once I switched to homemade pizza over the summer using grilled chicken I had it even more than that sometimes. If it stays in my calorie limits, I'm eating it
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    When I want pizza I will use a pita as a crust. This way it's portion controlled and so yummy with a little cheese and LOTS of veggies! Sometimes I do whole wheat pita....sometimes just white. :)
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I gave up pizza, I'd of fallen off the wagon week one. :noway: I just eat 1 or 2 slices instead of a pizza. xD
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love making pita pizzas. I top it with a lot of veggies, and some ham or sausage. Its always under 500 cal and sometimes under 400.
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    It's twice-a-week-in-a-while or me. Then again, I do 4-5 mile runs.

It's all relative...do you have enough of a calorie deficit during the week to afford the pizza? Homemade is healthier than what you can buy in the store and thin-crust is lower cal than the deep-dish versions.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thats perfectly fine. & if its homemade it can actually be healthy.

Pizza as seen as a crappy food because the type you can get in frozen food isles & at most pizza chains is made from white flour, high-fat cheese, and high-fat toppings like pepperoni & sausage. Making it yourself and turning all those ingredients into healthy ones will not only save calories but can add lots of nutrients, especially if you include veggies!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    ive always just loved working out, so eating things that weren't that healthy isn't a problem. You do it long enough, the crappy food starts to taste crappy most of the time.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Yum! I still order a pizza once a week! I just eat 2 slices now instead of 3 lol.
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We have a pizza oven in the backyard - hubby would die if we didn't use it! It's quite easy to control when I make everything from scratch - homemade whole wheat dough, homemade sauce, veggie toppings, minimal cheese (low-fat) and for ours it's better if we go light on the toppings anyway. I'm not really restricting my carbs so much as I am just making sure I use whole grains and no processed foods where possible. We both plan for it though - so we aren't eating all day and night too.
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    Also, on one of my best weight-loss weeks, one night I ordered an entire thin-crust Domino's, and ate the whole thing, which put me over maintenance cals for that day. Go figure.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Well, since my main issue is my sugar intake, PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA..........Idk if being Italian has anything to do with it, but I'll always have an excuse to eat it!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sure...or not. I eat pizza once a month or so.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Macros, macros, macros. If it fits, eat it. Calories in, calories out. Thank you, that is all.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I have a thin crust spinach pizza once a week for lunch or dinner. Mmm mmm.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    We have it frequently, just on tortillas instead :)
  • AngeK77
    AngeK77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it is the tastiest you can make it within your daily allowance, that way you won't feel cheated!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Because I'm lazy, I usually have DiGiorno or Freschetta, at least once a week.

When I'm feeling more ambitious, I use the ready to use dough from the grocery store and make pizza with ranch, salsa, chicken, peppers, jalapeno and taco cheese. :love:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My family has pizza for dinner once a week, usually. It's the only night I have "off" from preparing dinner. We buy Papa Murphy's. They use fresh toppings, so we get chicken, spinach, etc.

Pizza isn't bad. You can be wise about it, enjoy it!!

Pizza? Yes, please!!!!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    At work they're ordering pizza for us all the time now since we're working OT, and I've managed to stay away from it. If I indulge in it I plan to do an extra workout to burn out the calories added, if it went over my daily allotment, but mostly I just try to not eat it since I bring my lunch to work. It's hard though.
  • KaitDW
    KaitDW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wholeweat pizza homemade?

Well if it's whole wheat then no, as that should prob never ever be eaten.

I made a pizza last night, chicken saltimbocca pizza

20121008_182147.jpg

Looks awesome whats on there??!