Stupid Halloween Candy

13»

Replies

• I buy it and use it for baked goods after the candy goes on sale! :) woot woot. if you want candy then eat some damn candy. It's not that serious--I'm not one who subscribes to the "clean eating" lifestyle. I think food is to be enjoyed even if it's "bad food."
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    I LOVE halloween candayyy!!!!! I take it from my kids while they sleeping! :)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    the candy, decorations and costumes are all in the same aisle at the supermarket i went to today i find the decorations much more exciting :D i found sparkley spiders today!! :D
    so £1 on plastic and glitter instead of sugar
  • I LOVE halloween candayyy!!!!! I take it from my kids while they sleeping! :)

<3
  • When you see the candy and it's calling your name, just tell yourself, "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels". I heard that quote somewhere and I use it as my mantra anytime I'm tempted by fattening or unhealthy foods.
    Lots of things taste better than skinny feels.

Halloween candy being an example.
    ^^ this
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Halloween candy jumps in my shopping cart, hops up on the cash register, makes me drive it home, barricades itself and takes hostages in my cabinet, and forces me to eat it in amounts that exceed my calorie goal.

Easter candy is worse, much worse.

I just totally laughed out loud at this and got a weird look from my co-worker! Thank you for that!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Since when did dead people and candy go together?!

like soylent green, 'IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!'
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    I love halloween its the best day of the year. I love the evil stuff and the knifes in shops that come with halloween. i dont really like the candy that much though. Hmm halloween is for little kids yet you can buy plastic knifes with fake blood and for that day your little child can run around the streets with a fake knife hehe AMAZING! Now i wondered why serial killers grow up messed up hehe
  • everett9239
    everett9239 Posts: 31 Member
    First of all, I buy the candy at the last possible minute (Halloween day, 2:59pm). When my daughter gets home from trick or treating I pull out a medium sized tuperware bowl and tell her she can keep as much as what fits in the bowl (she's 6 for the love!!) and whatever is left over (including what we bought for the trick or treaters) gets schleped to work for all of the scavengers. Literally, I can dump it in the break room at 1015pm (I work nights) and by breaktime at 3am its LLLOOONNGGG gone. Since my daughter handpicks every piece, she's like a bookeeper and will know if something is missing, so I don't even attempt to take a piece from her. HOWEVER. I will allow myself 1 - 6 pack of Reese's Pumpkins (not in one sitting!) ONLY if I can find them on clearance. Watching my calories and my dollars!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I have 3 Costco size bags of candy in my pantry right now waiting for the big day. I'll probably have a couple of my favorites when I'm handing them out.

I will buy myself a bag of the Harvest mix w/candy corn and pumpkins and eat a serving every day or 2 until it runs out, but I haven't done it yet.

I can either a) go to the gym or b) eat less other calories to account for these treats. Life happens and I intend to enjoy it and the sweets that come along with it.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Eat the candy!!

A piece a day (typically at 70-100 calories a piece) isn't gonna kill ya so long as you account for it.

Halloween Candy = Awesomeness

Can't wait to raid my kids' trick or treat bags, lol.

^^^^^^^^ YES ^^^^^ AWESOMENESS ^^^^^^^^^^

I get to buy about 6 or 7 100+ piece count bags of candy for all the kiddos er ninjas, ghost, goblins, angels, fairies, etc, etc. and hand it out... soooo I am also nibblin' on a few myself. October, November, and December are my toughest months in terms of sweets and stuff b/c of all the holidays. I tend to enjoy myself (eat a bit more than I should) through this time of year knowing that I will most definitely need to work it off after the new year. The other nine months I mostly avoid sweets...translated = only during special days - birthdays - anniversaries - receptions -etc. I do not gorge on the sweets like I used to even during the holidays nowadays since I know and keep track of my calories now. I say enjoy.... then afterwards get back on the fitness journey.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I love candy. I will always love candy. Why give it up now? Yeah, I'll keep my candy. :)
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    It really isn't worth it. Temporary satisfaction at its finest.

If you're one of those people who can stop at one or two then go for it. BUT if you have a history of binge eating on these sorts of things (how easy is it to overeat individually-wrapped chocolates that are 80 calories a piece? 10 of them popped into your mouth is easily 800) then just skip it. It isn't worth the guilt & physically discomfort that'll follow.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    When you see the candy and it's calling your name, just tell yourself, "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels". I heard that quote somewhere and I use it as my mantra anytime I'm tempted by fattening or unhealthy foods.
    Lots of things taste better than skinny feels.

Halloween candy being an example.

^^^^Yes. XD