113 Pounds Lost in 1 year...Updated Pictures

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
My original post has popped back up. I'm glad as I love to inspire those around me to never give up. So I thought I would copy the original post for those new to see and add an updated picture as it was much needed. Here ya go.

The brain definitely takes longer in the weight loss process, at least that's the case with me. Lately, I'm not looking at the last 10 pounds that are fighting me and are so difficult to come off. Instead I started to look back. Back at the hurdles I've cleared. I lost a staggering 113 pounds in one year, all natural with no surgery and no gimmicks. I managed this being a type 1 diabetic, on insulin, thyroid issues, busy mom of 4 children with my youngest having special needs, coming out of a recent loss of my mom....I found my inner strength, I put the oxygen mask on myself first so I could help those around me. Today my brain has made some leaps in the right direction. I'm finally seeing how far I've come, the strides I made, I've stepped out of the premature grave I was digging for myself. This truly isn't a sprint to the finish line, it's a long journey I'm so thankful I've taken.

Never give up. Keep on kicking!

scan0014.jpg
fatfatfat.jpg
189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg
Cindywinterformal.jpg
006.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Replies

• TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! You are the poster child for all of the excuses that someone could possibly have, but yet, you still did it. Congrats to you! I am so glad you are seeing for yourself what an amazing accomplishment you have made!
  • sheep_dog
    sheep_dog Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Love the pic of you girls in the old pair of jeans. Great job!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thank you for sharing!

You look great!
  • steph133113
    steph133113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    awesome! love the pic of you with your daughter(?) in the jeans with you! You are an inspiration!
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    Wow! This is amazing. Great job!
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    wow you have lost the weight of a whole person !!
    that is fantastic !
    You look like a hot mama and so happy ! :)))))
    You must be very proud well done !! :wink: :smile:
  • jhavila
    jhavila Posts: 55
    Options
    Wow! That is fantastic. Very well done. You are right, it's a long process and its not just a change in your body but in your mind as well. BTW, love the pic with the two of you in your pants. ;)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I love the new picture!!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You are totally amazing and such an inspiration! Love the pictures!
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    holy cow that is impressive!! congrats!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. I truly understand about those last few pounds. The first 50 came off fairly quickly, but it's been a scratch and claw effort since then. Just in the past few weeks, I've FINALLY broken through the plateau I was on for so many months and have started losing again. I took your advice. I never gave up!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Amazing, truly amazing!
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great! More importantly, I'll bet you feel great! You sure over came just about every excuse to gain weight! WOW!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • 76nicky
    76nicky Posts: 19
    Options
    you are an absolute inspiration to everyone, WELL DONE you look fantastic
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How'd you do it?
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration for so many of us. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fabulously done.
  • aprince77
    aprince77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job....You look so good. Its nice to see stories like this. I am brand new on this site, My challenge and hurdles are just starting. You have brought hope to my journey. Keep up the good work, you look beautiful:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!