Just bought first bottle of sriracha

Options

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My husband puts it on EVERYTHING! I don't care for it, personally. But I do love me some Cholula!
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ITS LIKE MY KETCHUP! I use it on almost anything and everything :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! I'm allergic :(
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    going to try the recipe, yum
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    **** sauce is goood. King of all hot sauces.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love it on veggies, it adds a ton of flavor! Brussels sprouts in particular... mmm, or green cabbage, sprouts, snow peas...

And on eggs as others have suggested. Potatoes, too!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Insert straw, consume.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Just bought first bottle of sriracha

Oh! Is that what it's called?? My husband always called it 'male chicken' sauce (insert the other, censored, term into that statement). How funny!
  • Chocmom24
    Chocmom24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tuna, little mayo (or substitute of your choice), onion, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, and Sriracha....I was skeptical about how the ingredients would mix (especially the cilantro)....but it is the BEST tuna salad I've ever tasted.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but reading this, I'm gonna have to look into it :-D I'm actually really curious right now :laugh:

Ha ha me too. Looks like the bandwagon just pulled into my station. :bigsmile:
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I love me some spicy food - but based in the UK I'd never run into Sriracha sauce. Everyone was raving about it and figured I'd order some

IT'S NOT HOT ENOUGH!

Seriously, I love the taste (great for creating garlic dragon breath :sick: ) and I douse everything in it - but it's not really that spicy.

Mind you I do chop up birds eye chillies as a garnish so maybe it's my taste buds that are out of whack.......
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Where are you buyin this at? I'd like to try it.
    I see it at amazon, but wonder if I can get it locally?
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me I have some! Had it on a egg and avocado this morning. So good...
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Where are you buyin this at? I'd like to try it.
    I see it at amazon, but wonder if I can get it locally?

I buy mine in the Asian section of the market.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yum!! I use it on eggs in the morning with toast or on avocado toast (toast w/ avocado, olive oil, salt and pepper, sriracha) or sometimes with lunch I'll put it on black bean tacos, or on a quesadilla.... I've put it on a jerked chicken burger before- was delicious). Enjoy!

Toast with avocado???? :noway: How come I never thought of that? Yum! Tomorrow's breakfast! :heart:
  • meganb_17
    meganb_17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations! Your life will never be the same.

But on a serious note, it's good on just about everything. For real. If you are a ketchup person try mixing sriracha into it next time you use some.

Exactly my method!!...Sriracha has ruined plain catsup for me...blah.

I also love it on any plain rice..white, brown, whatever...Squirt some on, then stir till the rice is coated...Damn... :tongue:

Mmm yes, that sounds delicious! I have some leftover rice in the fridge right now...hello lunch!
  • meganb_17
    Options
    You just bought a bottle of crack.

Welcome to my addiction. If you don't believe how legit my addiction is look at my diary I eat it EVERY DAY haha I just visited my parents for 3 days and they didn't have any and I honestly was having legit withdraws haha

I put it on pizza, lo mein, eggs, veggies, fries, enchilada's, chicken, sandwiches, soups, in stir fries, in pasta sauce, in dipping sauces...seriously the possibilities are endless. sometimes i'll just take a joseph's flax tortilla and douse it in Siracha just so it can act as a vehicle for amazingness

OH it's also delicious on popcorn!!

Here's an actual recipe using it tho. I double the amount of siracha lol then top it with siracha after it's done.

Stir Fry

2 (8 oz) chicken breasts, pounded thin and sliced in thin strips

1 cup (or 1 small can) red kidney beans, drained

2 cups broccoli florets, blanched

2 cups sweet potatoes, match-stick cut

1 cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced

2 tbsp grapeseed oil (IDK what this stuff is I skipped it, did coat the pan with some low cal butter, like maybe a teaspoon just toe be safe so stuff didn't dry out from lack of this oil)

2 tbsp sesame oil

Sweet and Spicy Sauce

1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce

2 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped

2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped

2 tbsp sesame oil

2 tbsp sriracha

2 tbsp rice wine vinegar

1 tbsp agave honey

Directions

In large non-stick pan on medium high heat, add oil and begin to sauté chicken strips until golden brown for 4-6 minutes (do not crowd pan or layer chicken). Remove chicken and place on plate to rest.

Add bell peppers, sweet potatoes, broccoli and kidney beans, and quickly sauté for 3-4 mins.

Whisk all sauce ingredients together and add sauce and chicken back to pan (with juices). Toss until coated.

Pour over prepared brown rice and enjoy!

Awesome!! Can't wait. THANKS! :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    as per Frank's Red Hots, I put that *kitten* on Everything.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i put it in my spaghetti yummy
  • meganb_17
    Options
    Insert straw, consume.

Definitely the first to suggest that! Haha. I've had people tell me I need to get a spray bottle top for it to douse my food more quickly and evenly! Straw works too!