Options

Replies

• GetFitCarly
    Options
    Australian :yawn:
  • paulajune87
    paulajune87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm from Georgia and I have a very obvious Southern accent. I also say "y'all" a lot. Oops.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Heinz 57 english accent. But I have a question, has anyone ever had their accent mistaken for another? My accent has been mistaken for Australian :smile:

Yep, I have a southern English accent, and when I was in Canada, a few people thought I was Australian. But that's because the only English accents they'd been exposed to were those like the Queen's, and my accent is more London, which is in some ways more like an Australian accent.
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options
    Very Scottish accent here, especially when phoning my mum!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Midwestern. If I've been home in southern Indiana for a few days though I get a but twangy/drawlish.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    women with accents. :love: :love:
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Turkish accent! You jelly? (:
  • Dinamita_TNT
    Options
    Just been told yesterday... I speak english with spanish accent... lol
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have a New Zealand accent.

I fell in love with both guys in Flight of the Conchords :) they're in my walking playlist.

Also a Kiwi accent here. (New Zealand, that is.)

I honestly never notice my accent... But the guys on Flight of the Conchords have OTT Kiwi accents. Lol. Like, in NZ we have our extreme NZ accent that is really beefed up - refer to "Ghost Chips ad NZ" on Youtube. That is what people say we sound like. Lol. But that add is a major mickey take of one of our movies, 'Boy'. =)

I'm proud to be Kiwi, though.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    a redneck one! lol (West Virginia)

I'm a sucker for this. I'm a boring midwesterner. I sound like a news anchor.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Boston accent. But I try and hide it people tend to judge those with Boston accents as white trash because the yuppies don't have one
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    From Texas (no I don't have a Texan accent which always freaks people out), but I live in France. So to Frenchies I have an American accent ;)
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    California/Valley accent. And of course I have a little southern and a slight British, but only on certain words, like the I and A sound in words like"Hi, bye, my" (southern) "Daniel, candy, jam" (British) and so on! Not sure from where, though. I'm from Southern California (San Diego area).
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    A slight hint of French when I speak English, and preppy Paris when I speak French.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Apparently I have an accent, although I can't hear it. I was raised by people from western PA so maybe I talk like them? XD
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    I definitely have a southern accent that gets pretty heavy around family or after a couple of glasses of wine.
    I went to private school Florida but the majority of the students were from the northeast so I tried hide. My friends think it's funny that a grown woman still calls her parents "Momma and Daddy" but it's what we Southern girls do :)
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Suth Effrican lol
    I'm from South Africa, and yes, most of us say it as I wrote it above, which is extremely embarrassing
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    French :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    French Canadian! I hate it, my American husband loves it and my Mother-in-law thinks it's hilarious that I don't pronounce most of my Hs.

Ugh, tell me about it. I'm trying very hard to pronounce all my Hs, it's a full-time job! But if I'm tired or angry, it's like Hs don't exist anymore :/
  • usfirefly
    usfirefly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    this is fun. I am from north germany, and went to south america for 2years. leaving me with a southern drawl, and a german accent if i talk in english and just the southern thing when i talk german. :)

to be more specific I was in eastern Oklahoma. :) Loved it!