Oh the Pain...

Options
2»

Replies

• harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Water...drink plenty of water, low calorie gatorade or a protein shake. GNC Whey isolate 60, (chocolate) is all I can stand to drink due to the taste of a lot of proteing shakes. That tastes like choc milk.
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ive found that if I do the same routine a few days later, the soreness goes away. It sounds counter-intuitive, but go to the session and do the best you can. There is a big difference between being sore and fatigued and having pain. If you are actually feeling pain back off, but if you are just sore due to using muscles you have not used in a while, go for it. You will actually feel better. I actually seem to be able to do more at the next session even if I am sore, and then I do not end up sore after the second session.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    Proper nutrition will prevent DOMS so maybe your intake on something is off HIIT is very intense and requires a lot of Macros.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks again guys for the responses - went to the other session today which was a little easier anyway and the last 10 mins got rained off... still stiff so a bit wary of how im going to be tomorrow, but as everyone keeps reminding me - no pain no gain! Plus i know i would have been angry with myself if i didn't show because it would have felt like quitting at the first hurdle

Got some of the epsom salts so going to soak in them for a while tonight and if stiff tomorrow will have a go with the yoga/wi - fit. I didn't know though about the supplements etc that people have recommended so will look into those further over the weekend. i know i have a tendency to be at the lower end of potassium as well but obviously supplementing that is not a good idea so trying to modify my diet to include more. still lucky if i make half the RDA though hmph
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i wish my job offered such a thing! i have to sneak out drive to the y, run to a machine, hurry up and work out for 35-40 minutes and i better get the most out of it, hurry up geet ready to go back to work, drive bak to work and sneak back in! and then swallow my food an hour later... :( but i got a goal! good luck! work through your pain!!!!
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    good luck with yours ;-) although i'ts not my job that offers it at all this is a trainer who comes to the office complex that my (and a few other companies) share - I pay to attend the sessions and likewise have to stealth eat my lunch an hour before the session so i don't run out of energy.

my friend's job pays for her gym membership though - that's awesome!