That 'Holy Crap' Moment

Options
1235»

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You have made the first step, and that one is the hardest! Now there's no stopping you! Congratulations, you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My moment was when I had a follow up with my Dr after tests for chest pain. No it wasn't my heart, but I did have Type 2 Diabetes!! Me?? I don't have it in my side of the family!! That was 2 weeks before Christmas, and I stuck to the regiment he set out even over the holidays. I was way too embarrased to tell my family, and had to try and not eat as I normally would have during all the get togethers. I figured if I could control my eating during the holidays, I can do it all the time.

Yes there have been slips, but I want off the meds!! I now like how it feels to wear a size 18 vs 26, I actually like going to the gym and have met some very nice people there and on this site. I like getting on a plane and NOT being afraid the seatbelt won't fit!

Its not going fast, but its going..........and the biggest thing is I'm doing it for me, not the ex, not my mom, but ME!!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    In August when I saw the pics from vacation I was slightly horrified. I decided I would start a diet when the kids got back to school. Then one day on a whim I stepped on the scale and I weighed five pounds more than when I went in to deliver my twins who are five. Horrifying! Now I'm in it for the long haul. I want to get back to a happy healthy weight. Good luck on your journey!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I was 300 starting here....335 at my heaviest a few years ago. Its tough....but man, is it worth it! Its hard to pick one holy crap moment...there were so many that I tried to just ignore. It finally came down to the idea that I was getting older and "life" was passing me by. I wasnt living anymore...I was existing. I have made radical changes to my life and I am dedicated to sticking with them for life. Now that I am feeling better, and can see the quality of my life improving, it makes it that much easier to stay motivated. Best of luck to you!

Anyone can feel free to add me...the more support we can offer each other, the better!
  • purduegurl18
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have already gotten some great new friends and all of your moments really have motivated me. I can't wait to share my next moment and have it be something toward my goal weight!

I'm happy to have anyone add me that wants a new friend!
  • porrasc
    porrasc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For me it was pictures. I hate pictures. :-(

Me too!