what's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• JSheehy1965
    Options
    When I'm at a loss for something to cook, I go to skinnytaste.com, they have some awesome recipes, simple and easy and they give you the nutritional information and weight watchers points values...great site to check out.

Skinnytaste.com has the best recipes - their chicken parm is SO good.
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chicken Stroganoff...my own recipe.
  • bermudamel
    Options
    turkey cutlets and tomatoes w/balsamic vinigrette dressing (lite obv)
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    chicken soup - chicken, chickpeas, quinoa, green beans, potatoes, corn, zucchini, tomatoes
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I think it's homemade turkey soup tonight (it was Thanksgiving in Canada and we had enough guests for dinner that the soup is the only leftover!)
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Shredded beef tacos with black beans on the side! :)
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We're making pizzas on low carb tortillas - they are GREAT and you can use a ton of different toppings and not eat a lot of calories or carbs!
  • bermudamel
    Options
    When I'm at a loss for something to cook, I go to skinnytaste.com, they have some awesome recipes, simple and easy and they give you the nutritional information and weight watchers points values...great site to check out.

^^This! I've made 3 recipes from Skinnytaste this week already and I've enjoyed all of them.

Hungry-girl has some amazing recipes/tips/tricks etc. and lists calories as well as point for those following. Search anything and you can get all kinds of great stuff!
  • erindh87
    Options
    I have a crockpot full of Santa Fe Chicken (from skinnytaste.com's recipe list) waiting on me. I can't wait to get home. My apartment is going to smell delicious!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I use Pinterest to make my weekly grocery lists. We don't eat the same thing twice in like 3 weeks, I love it! They have great ideas!!! I also tweak a lot of stuff to be healthier! :)
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Turkey Burgers, Green Beans and maybe sweet potato fries
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    As far as tonight goes.. I'm going to a Mexican restaurant with a friend, so it'll be a grilled chicken taco salad without the shell for me :) Easy enough to make at home, though!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Either a grilled chicken salad (I forgot I was going to make that for dinner, then ordered one for lunch). Or maybe BBQ chicken with a side salad.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Salad, Chili, and a Pillsbury dinner roll. I don't feel like cooking, so I'm declaring it to be Leftover Night. :tongue:
  • anamita3
    Options
    Baked pumpkin. Get a little pie pumpkin cut it in half and seed it. To each side add 1 egg, a little milk, a little flour or baking mix, nutmeg and cinnamon, mix together and bake. It's delicious. You can add raisins too. With raisins it's about 300 calories per serving. (makes 2)
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Pork chops on the Foreman grill (I put Butt Rub on them, which I lol at every time I think of that seasoning, but it is all bbq yummy) and corn on the cob.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    love that chicken soup earlier on... I am planning a bowl of mixed veggies with a pat of real butter, crackers & hummus and a glass of red.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    salad
    Grilled Chicken on baby spinach, boiled eggs diced, sliced bell peppers, bacon crushed, black olives, cherry tomato, toasted pecans, feta cheese, and a little dressing.
  • battynat12
    Options
    lean cuisine, fast, easy, low in calories
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to a creation of mine. A couple caveats: It can be spicy, so if you're not a fan of the flame, cut back on the crushed red pepper and jalapeno. I also make extra seasoning and store the extra so I don't have to rummage through all my spices every time I make this stuff. Cut back on the cheese to eliminate some of the calories.

Cheesy Fajita Melt
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BySJyjnNm16JME9tNDkzR3E0SWM

Tin Foil Chicken and Rice

2 cups uncooked brown rice (yields about 5 cups cooked)
    2 pounds chicken breast (or tenderloin for convenience)
    4-6 tbsp Butter
    1 packet Lipton Onion Soup mix (Box contains two packets, you can use both if you want extra flavor, but adds sodium)

Cook the Rice as prescribed. Line a 9" x 13" cooking dish with aluminum foil and then cut the chicken breast into strips and lay them on the bottom of the pan. Preheat oven to 350. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the butter and onion soup mix and then spread over the top of the chicken. Cook in the oven for about one hour (times will vary, just uncover some of the chicken and cut a few open to make sure they are cooked through. Enjoy!

I made both of these last night for lunches and dinners for the rest of the week.